At Home Sick with Heroes

It started with a sore throat, then the snotty nose. Soon I realized in horror what happened.

I. Am. Sick.

Now, instead of being sick on a day that I wanted like on the day we had to do a 3 mile run in gym, or the day we were dissecting pig fetuses in Biology, I had to be sick the first day of spring break.

It also happens to be the day of the Taylor Swift and Shawn Mendes Concert.

Maybe it's not that bad, I think trying to stand up. No such luck.

My head started spining and being the ungraceful swan I am, I trip over my feet and fall straight on my face.

This causes my uncle and Potts to storm into my room.

"Gabby, what's going...why are you lying on your face?" Asks Potts, who is in her business attire.

"I'm sick." I mumble into the rug.

"And that has to do with why you're on the ground because..." Wonders Potts, who looks very unimpressed.

"I was hoping I wasn't sick." I pout, and slowly sit up.

Tony then picks this moment to start gut laughing. He is still, by the way, in pajama pants with no shirt; he so lazy. I mean it's like ten or something, doesn't he work soon?

"It's not funny Stark." I cry, crawling clumsily into my bed.

Potts comes over to my bed and check for a fever. "You are quite hot." She sighs, leaning back.

"I can still go to the concert though right?" I wonder.

"Probably not Gabby. I'll tell Maria (our very nice Italian housemaid person. She is the best!!) to send your food to your room." Replies Potts, who has a sad smile on her face.

They turn to leave before Potts adds, "Oh, and I'll get the heroes to look after you."

"But I'm 15 and a half!" I exclaim.
"Yeah but I know you'll try to go to the concert."she counters.

I groan and close my eyes.

"Bye Gabby." They chourse and leave.

This is not OK. Maisie and I bought tickets four months ago, and Maisie even made me go shopping the day after for the perfect outfit.

Anyway, after about ten minutes of me sulking, Bruce walks in carrying a breakfast tray.

"I thought you might want some company." He smiles, opening the tray's legs and places it on top of me.

"Thanks." I say, my noise making me sound like a dying manatee or something.

On my tray, Maria had made me a large bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries. To drink, was a glass of Orange juice.

"So how are you?" He asks, grabbing a stool from a corner of my room and sitting beside me.

"Sick." I mumble taking a sip of my Orange juice. I wince in pain as it burns my throat.

He nods and and I take a bit my oatmeal. "Why aren't you working?" I question, trying to relieve the silence.

"Pepper made a schedule and I'm first watch." He shrugs.

"It's not like I can escape. I can't even get out of bed without falling over." I comment, to which he laughs.

"Could you read to me?" I ask, kinda suddenly, drinking the last of my Orange juice.

"My friend James and I are having competition on who can read the most books in a week. I bet him two tickets to Fall Out Boy and a trip to Hawaii that he could read half as many books as me, so I really need to win this." I explain, eat the last of my oatmeal and putting the tray on the ground.