𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐃- 𝒘𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒕[...]𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒅

As they left the Institute, everything felt echoing, vast, and strange to Dahlia, as if she were dreaming. 

"Are you going to tell me where our new house is?" she asked Matthew as he put on his gloves. "Or is it still a secret?"

Matthew rolled his eyes. "And why, in the name of Raziel, would I ever tell you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and walking past her to the carriage. Dahlia rolled her eyes.

"You have been a husband for only three hours and you have already miserably failed at it." she said with dramatics as they descended the icy steps. The last of the sun was a faint yellow band in the east, the city having descended into the quiet of a winter evening 

She got into the carriage without Matthew's help. He got in after her, settling on a seat directly in front of her.

"Well it could have been worse." he said, there was a gleam in his eyes. Dahlia rolled her eyes trying to imagine how the house would be when they reached. One of Dahlia's mother's favorite maids, Arya, had gone ahead of them. Arya had practically raised Dahlia and Ariadne, so there was some familiarity in Arya being there. 

In the past few months, Dahlia realized with a little sadness, she hadn't been home that much She regretted it now; she would do anything for a hug from her sister.

She wasn't going back to the Bridgestock household, she was going wherever Matthew was taking her. 

She closed her eyes and tilted her head back. She imagined Arya angrily setting up the fire place, blowing at the timbers harshly and cursing in Hindi.

It brought a small smile to her face despite the constant rush in her ears as the carriage rattled on.

"What are you smiling about?" Matthew inquired, he seemed to have given up on trying to open his flask.

Dahlia looked at him, "I was imagining smashing a pie in your face."

Matthew shook his head. "I shall never ask why you are smiling ever again." he said solemnly.

Dahlia giggled, shaking her head. The bells in the ornament hooked in her hair, a matha patti  which was just a varied version of a nethi chutti, rung like chimes.

 The difference was that a matha patti was a round pendant joined by two chains hooked and was hooked into her hair. 

Mathew looked curious for a second. "What is your attire, Dahlia? It is isn't usual Shadowhunter wedding attire."

Dahlia blinked and thought about how to explain this.

"Well, what I am wearing is a lehenga. It's traditional Indian wear, as for my jewelry...I can't name everything seeing there is too much jewelry but on my head I'm wearing a matha patti, on my ankles I had basic anklets. What else? Oh! Bangles." she said, shaking the glass braclets in Matthew's face.

"Interesting." he said, taking  sip from his flask. Dahlia's energy flattered a little. "I'm boring you aren't I? Ugh, why do I care. I'll bore you more!" she said, smiling.

Matthew looked horrified.

 "On December, 9th-" Dahlia started, Matthew quickly shushed her. "We are nearing the house, please do be quiet." Matthew said, groaning.

Dahlia smirked in victory.

They bantered with an air of familiarity to it, Dahlia suddenly stopped mid sentence as she saw James and Cordelia get out of a carriage near a house.