4

I could tell I was nearing closer to her. You may ask why that is. Well.

My heart; the heart that only beats for her, it pumps faster, like I've run a marathon in two steps. I could feel it ripping through my chest when I'm near y/n. Pounding in my ears.

My breath; the one I use when I say her name. It becomes shallow, harder to swallow. Almost like a rock stuck in my throat, suffocating me.

My thoughts; every thought that consumes me is about her... every ounce of space in my brain has an overwhelming sense, clouding my lack of better judgment. It is complete when I'm with her.

Each step I took. Each breath I inhaled and refused to exhale. I was getting closer to her. For two months; 60.833 days, 1460 hours. She'd been dead to me. The girl I shared my memories with, my dreams and nightmares with.

Evan had told me- only after much persuasion- by that I mean, my knife to his throat- he told me she was here the entire time.

After my siblings and I 'evaporated' as he put it. Before the world ended; he had brought her here. To the commission.

I was now standing outside the room the bastard had told me she was in. Each breath was as shaky as the next.  I drew it in and out.

Unconsciously my hand had made its way towards the door handle.

"This is a bad idea." I said to myself. My whole vocabulary is made up of the 'this won't work' and the 'what if's & what happens'. I was getting better at stopping myself from being negative all the time. There was no reason to be.

But things change.

I shook my head violently, my brain rattling along with it. I had hoped that if I shook my head hard enough, the stupid thoughts of what she'd do or say, would simply fall out.

I slowly lifted my hand back onto the knob. My body was shaking slightly, butterflies tickling the insides of my stomach, cold sweat making itself visible on my forehead.

I quickly turned the door knob, before I would regret not doing so.

I walked into a small room, mahogany pillars keeping it upright. It was so quite, all I could hear was the light flickering of the candles, set up on a small desk in one corner.

I crept two steps into the odd room. Only to feel I hard motion going on at the back of my ankles.

Swiftly I was kicked to the ground. I got up just as quickly. Fists at ready to take out anyone.

Suddenly a hand was flying my way. I managed to dodge it by a centimeter. Whoever this person was, he sure was good.

I got my fist close enough to his face. I punched him with one hand and pulled the scarf off with my other.

My breath hitched, my eyes locked with her.
Shocked by what I was seeing. The person was not a 'him' but a 'her'

This person was not some maniac, trying to kill me. It was y/n.