19 | A bright darkness

Start from the beginning

Y/N felt bad for not having the chance to tell Inumaki the little crush they had on him, felt bad for not being able to see if Maki and Panda are still alright, and-

"Yuta?!"

"Y/N!"

"Takana!"

The first year slowly opens their eyes, seeing Inumaki on his knees and desperately shaking them awake.

Once the boy sees them finally regaining their consciousness, he's quick to pull their them up using all of his strength, hugging them tightly.

"Wait, Y/N's awake!" Panda says, relieved, "But Yuta's not!"

Maki turns to her classmates, seeing Inumaki's arms around Y/N's body. She sighs out of relief-one of them is awake.

Y/N chuckles, adjusting their body so that Inumaki can properly embrace them. They sit up, wrapping their arms around the boy.

"Hey." they call, "Are you okay?"

Inumaki nods, rubbing their back, "Takana."

Y/N hums as a response, now pulling away to look at the boy with a small smile. Both of them looked tired and beaten up. A trail of dried blood is on the corner of Inumaki's mouth, yet even he was also smiling from underneath the collar that was covering his mouth.

Though events and stuff like these happens often because he's a sorcerer, Inumaki didn't think he'd be so terrified to see Y/N's unconcious body laying on the ground-they mean a lot to him and loosing them would hurt a lot.

Specially not when he hasn't had a proper conversation with them.

"Hey, Yuta! Are you okay?!"

"Get a hold of yourself, Yuta!"

Y/N and Inumaki turn to the other unconcious first year that was laying on his back.

"..Guys."

Okkotsu suddenly sits up, eyes wide. The last thing he remembered was his head hitting something after unleashing a large attack.

"Your wounds.. Maki, Inumaki, Hokori..! Ahh! Panda, your arm didn't heal?!"

He looked like he was going to tear up. Y/N huffs. Doesn't the boy notice the stuffing coming out from Panda's missing arm? Yaga would gladly stitch that together.

"Calm down. We're doing better than you." Maki says, a smile on her face.

"I can fix my arm later, unlike these three." Panda reassures the boy, "Thanks for helping us."

Just as they thought the whole ordeal was over..

"Yuuuuta."

Y/N takes her eyes off Okkotsu, now looking over their shoulder. There they see Rika, waiting patiently for who they assume is Okkotsu. Well, why would the curse still be here?

"Sorry, Rika. Kept you waiting, huh?"

Okkotsu says, standing up. The other first years follows him, curious as to why he was approaching Rika.

"What is it, Yuta?" panda ask.

The boy sweatdrops, and Y/N clicks the roof of their tongue. Only the two of them, including Geto, knew what happened and what Okkotsu had to do before the explosion.

"Uhm.. In exchange for lending me her power, i kinda promised Rika i'd go to the same place as her."

"What?!"

Y/N then scoffs, "Damn womanizer."

Okkotsu lets out a chuckle, and that only adds confusion to the others. Is this going to be an inside joke now? Geto is definitely more than welcomed to be the clown.