14 | Retired leader

A bullet.

Followed by three more.

You grit your teeth, wincing as you feel one of their bullets shot to your leg. Though no matter how painful it is, you kept dodging and moving forward.

The urge to kill was there, but you didn't want to be sentenced to life in prisom or death because you murdered someone-so what are you going to do?

You turn to one of them, successfully hitting their arm and making them let go of their gun. When they fall down to the ground, caressing their wounded appendage, you kick away their firearm.

One down!

"Crap!"

A bullet grazes your cheek before you had the chance to dodge it. You look to the other man holding a weapon, him looking visibly scared due to his colleague who' on the ground bleeding.

Just as he was going to fire once again, you already swung the blade down his hands, making him drop the gun and let out a scream. Like the first man, you kick away the firearm.

You wince, feeling the pain in your leg worsen. You swear you're going to beat the years he has left on this earth out of Sato the moment you see his sagging and old face.

Sparks of electricity surrounds the katana you held. You're transferring cursed energy onto the weapon.

You then open the door, quickly rushing down the staircase leading to a hall with three doors. Two on the left and one on the right. You click the roof of your tongue, deciding to feel for any energy in the area.

'Not here..'

'Not..'

You rush to the door on the right side of the small hall, raising your not injured leg and forcing the wooden door to open by kicking it.

"Fuck! Let me in!" you exclaim, frustrated as it seems to be locked shut. You tried to kick it open once again before deciding that you'll use your whole body and ram it againts the wooden door.

'I didn't came here for nothing..!'

With that, it finally slams open.

Kamei, whom already has tears streaming down her face, turns to where the loud bang came from. Her eyes widen. Sato, on the other hand, is shocked to see you so soon.

The man was tightly grabbing Kamei's hair with his other hand before you came, whispering about the girl rejoining and staying at the clan while also threatening her with a knife that he has. He's crazy, that's for sure.

"Sato!" you call him, now mad, "let Kamei go you fucking psycho!"

The seal placed on the door is useless from how your cursed energy gets overwhelmingly strong by the second. You tighten your grip on the katana as it glows.