13 | Back to Kyoto!

"Y/N? Where are we

"Y/N? Where are we.."

"Hokori..?"

Maki and Okkotsu spare eachother a glance while they follow you inside the school, matching your fast pace. You're silent, palms clenched into fists.

You wouldn't talk, and that alone is a bad thing. Maki rarely sees you get angry and Okkotsu has never seen you get this quiet. Both are nervous. Are you going to take a train to Kyoto?

Maki clicks the roof of her tongue. She grabs your arm, forcing you to stop before you could reach your dorm.

"Y/N, just think-"

You turn to her, brows furrowed.

"Maki, let go." you say, "Let go."

Being the stubborn lady that she is, she stood her ground. Her eyes on you, looking equally upset as you are. Her grip on you tightens.

On the other hand, Okkotsu looked scared. Are you two going to fight or what? And if a fight between you and Maki does happen, what's he supposed to do.

"Eh? What's happening here?"

"Takana?"

The tension in the air seems to disappear when the other first years, who you assume had just arrived from their assigned mission, steps in to see what's wrong.

Inumaki tilts his head to the side, wondering why you looked troubled and why's maki grabbing you.

Panda turns to Okkotsu, expecting the boy to explain as the other two seem to be having a.. Moment.

"Hokori's going to Kyoto.." he gulps nervously, "We heard a student went missing and they'd like assistance."

"Kamei's gone." you chime in, Maki now letting go of your hand. You seem to have calmed down.

"Kamei? Your cousin?" Panda ask.

"Co..Cousin?" Okkotsu turns to you. Right. Everyone except him knew who she is.

"It takes two hours by bullet train. Think i can make it?" you ask, looking at your classmates.

Maki scrunches her nose.

"You mean we?"

'Huh?' you raise a brow. You don't recall ijichi saying something about including any of your classmates. Mikami had said that she needed your help specifically.

Maki huffs, rolling her eyes. Are that dense when panicking?

"You think we're letting you do this alone?" she ask, turning her head to Okkotsu, Panda, and Inumaki, silently asking the three to back her up.

"But Geto Suguru. He's after.." you try to reason with her, trailing off when you see Okkotsu raise his hand.

"I'll be more than happy to assist.." he says, "Sensei won't mind, right?"