09 | Punishment for being weak

Days have passed since the mission at Hapina shopping district

Days have passed since the mission at Hapina shopping district. The weather is now starting to get cold.

All five of you, the first years, were waiting. you didn't catch what Maki said-you were previously taking a nap when she had suddenly woke you and told you to dress up.

Is there an event? You don't know..

Though now that you think about it, you are feeling cursed energy from where the five of you stood.

'What the hell is happening?'

"What is it, Yuta?"

from beside Inumaki, you turn your attention to Okkotsu, drumsticks in hand. he seems to be seperated from the four of you.

"Umm.." the boy starts, "I just had a bad feeling." he says, eyes looking around.

"Your imagination."

"Just your imagination."

"Okaka!"

You frown. Did they not feel it?

Okkotsu sweatdrops, "Eh? Come on guys." he returns back to the group.

"I mean, Yuta's curse power perception is at monkey-level." Panda dismissively waves his hand, "Of course he'd be dull with something like Rika by his side at all time."

"Tuna!"

'No, no.. You're wrong.' you thought, looking at the building that stood behind you.

The curse energy's getting stronger, and there's only a few reasons why; it's either Rika's presence or..

'The man Sensei mentioned.'

Although you're glad to know that he trusts you, it's frustrating and places a lot of pressure on you since only you knew what's going on.

'The curse at Hapina.. Is the doing of..'

You look over your shoulder.

Inside the building behind is your lovely sensei, Gojo, and the current principal of jujutsu tech, Yaga Masamichi. they were chatting in one of the school's hallways, their eyes on the students below.

You raise your free hand to where the two adults can see before forming a thumbs down; a signal.

"Eh? Hokori-san?" Okkotsu notices what you're doing, "Are you alright?"

You turn to him, "I feel like eating cooked bird, Okkotsu."

A single taiko appears on your side.

"How unusual." Maki says, sparing you a glance before taking her weapon out of the case she was carrying.

"Yuta's hunch was right."