[CONNOR KENWAY DRABBLE]

Prompt: "What are you doing?" "Showing you how much I love you."

Warnings: a hint of racism towards Native Americans

Word count: 477

People around you at the tavern didn't look friendly as you two sat at the corner table. Even though you spoke English to avoid any problems by speaking mohawk. Natives weren't popular among the Europeans who had invaded this land - and especially natives dressed as Assassins could be double trouble.

"And then, I left his house, leaving him sitting there dumbfounded. The poor soul hasn't disturbed us since. But enough about me... what have you been doing all these years?" you asked him as you took a sip from your drink.

"After I left the Davenport Manor? I've served the creed. Not much else." he spoke quietly, fully aware there might be templars listening - even when the tavern was fairly empty.

You chuckled. "That's one reason why you're so important to me. You're always finishing what you started. You're a fighter, you're relentless - you always see the good in people."

Connor smiled, and silence ensued. The tavern was quiet and a slight clinging of the glasses echoed around the room as the bartender wiped them.

But then Connor broke the silence. "You've been in my thoughts a lot. I've been wondering where you are, how you've been..."

You looked up to him and chuckled. "Well, Connor, you've been in my thoughts a lot too." you grinned at him before you leaned in to place a kiss on his cheek. It took your friend by surprise, and he was visibly flustered as he brought his hand to his cheek.

"What are you doing?" he asked, brows furrowing in wonder as your grin just widened.

"What does it look like, you dumbass? Showing how much I love you." you playfully shoved Connor on his shoulder and grinned. "Well, it's time to go for me. See you again, Con."

He watched as you made your leave, and a childhood memory of his heart jumping to his throat for the first time you kissed his cheek visited his mind - how much he had lost, but how much he had achieved after it. He had met you after all these years - and now there he was, watching you as you gave him a wave as you left.

He was fully aware that belonging in the Creed meant no romances. Creed was the only thing you had to be devoted to if you had chosen the Assassin's path - but he still couldn't completely bury his feelings towards you, even after all these years.

And as you walked down the street after leaving the tavern, your heart was about to jump out from your chest - oh how much you would have been ready to give if you would have had a chance to be with Connor, but the Creed came first.

Maybe when you were old and were ready to retire, you could be together. Just maybe.