ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Chikai," he murmurs as he lifts his free hand, and three symbols of three Commandments immediately appear in his armoured hand. "I've already started, and have three. These are the Commandments of Gowther, Drole and Gloxinia."

Oh Gloxinia and Drole. I can no longer feel their magic in this realm which can only mean they did not make it. But if that is the case, who exactly—

"Seriously? Let me see," Estarossa says excitedly as he hovers over his younger brother's head.

But Zeldris quickly calls them back. "Kuheeto."

"Show me how it's done," Estarossa insists. "How do I retrieve those Commandments too? Come on. What's with the attitude? We're both supposed to help Meliodas, aren't we?"

"Stay here for a second," Zeldris says as he gently places me on the stone ground and then shoots Chandler and Cusack a warning glare to keep their distance from me.

"Where the hell will I go anyway?" I mutter more to myself as he turns back to his brother.

"Wozun mayhen kieshuma," Zeldris begins to utter while doing strange hand movements.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Estarossa asks, voice slightly panicked. "Wait, are you trying to take my Commandment?"

With his arms blocking his face, Zeldris surges forward. "Nochi mayho!"

A burst of light erupts between the two but eventually disappears.

"Nothing happened to me," Estarossa says when he realises that he still has his Commandment.

"You either need the target to agree to their Commandment's retrieval or to be incapable of combat," Zeldris reveals this as he picks me up again bridal style and heads over to the other Demon Prince. "One of those conditions must be met."

"You should've let me know that first," Estarossa mutters over his shoulder. "You almost gave me a heart attack."

I giggle at this and stick out my tongue at him. "You deserve it."

"Have you really thought this through?" Zeldris asks his big brother. "Gowther, Gloxinia, and Drole had no loyalty to the Demon King so they were exceptions. It's different with the others. They've each pledged total allegiance to our father. If they refuse, you can't just take it away from them."

"Well, they can't say no if they're dead," Estarossa blurts out.

"What?" Zeldris and I snap at the same time.

"Hey, hold on a second," Estarossa says, chuckling. "That didn't come out right. Because what I meant was if they just so happened to be killed by someone that would release them, right?"

"If a Commandment should die, their power remains with their corpse," Zeldris states. "But it's easy to dislodge. With that in mind, I think we should start with the fallen Galand, Melascula, and Grayroad first."

"Well, I've already gotten Grayroad's on my own," my best friend says.

"You did?" Zeldris and I ask. When the hell did he have the time to do that? And how? Because I am pretty sure Merlin would have kept a close eye on Grayroad's Commandment the entire time she had Grayroad imprisoned.

"Chikai," Meliodas murmurs as the symbol of Grayroad's Commandment appears in his hand. "I took it for just such an occasion."

"I can't believe this," Elizabeth breathes as she watches the interaction between all three Demon Princes.

"That accounts for four of them," Meliodas says as he brings back the Commandment. "Find out where the other Commandments are hiding."

"And what about you, big brother?" Estarossa asks. "You're just gonna send us out while you play spectator?"