α

TP POV:

Across the river Styx there lays the domain of the dead. The ruler of said domain loved to sheath everything around him in darkness.

Thus no being living in the underworld ever saw a shred of light. They never questioned it either, such was the way of their life.

Besides, you do not question the choices of a god unless you wish to perish. And certainly not of this one.

The netherworld was layed like a spiderweb. And the ruler's castle laid at the very middle. The hallways were dark, the walls were black, and the only sound the guards ever heard in there were the unpleasant screams of agony.

Torture surrounded the castle after all.

From the floor to the chandeliers, the whole castle was dressed in black such as the ruler himself.

Boots clicked against the dark marble as the huge figure walked along the halls. His eyes emotionless and bored. His charcoal eyes glowing emerald from time to time as he heard wails of the dead.

The dark castle was eerily quiet when he walked by. Not a soul daring to disturb the lord's peace. Some shivering when they accidentally met his eyes.

He always felt like death, and his soul was the darkest thing to ever exist, or so he's been told. They say the eyes are the doors to one's soul. So he figured that was why his eyes were like an endless void of blackness. Not even a spark of light could be seen in them.

They were just...dead

Those dead dark eyes stared at his new prisoner with the utmost boredom. The male kept yapping on about something he couldn't care less about. What was the guy's name again? Troomp or something.

The souls never understood where they were until the torture started. They just couldn't believe they were dead. And Charon didn't ever breif them before dropping them off just so he would get an extra headache.

Even the hellhound beside his throne looked bored. The soul's insistent talk irritated the god so much he ordered the hellhound to devour it.

It took no time and the ravenette could finally relish the quietness. Or so he thought.

"Hades, I bear news" Hermes walked into the throne room alert. Being the messenger of the gods gave Hermes an immunity. He could travel anywhere he wanted. That included the underworld as well which Hades did not appreciate most times. He didn't have any business outside of netherworld anyway.

"What do you want you envelope" the raven grunted as he crossed his legs. The throne was mounted ten steps higher than the ground floor. Thus it made Hades look all the more powerful than he already was.

"Now, now, let's not get all cranky Jeongguk-ssi" Hermes joked once the room was cleared of all guards. The nicknames were personal and known by only the people close to the god.

"Just spit it out Yugyeom. I'm not in the mood for charades today" Hades grumbled once more. "When are you ever. But I am afraid this might make it worse" Hermes sighed.

"Then say it and get it over with" Jeongguk was now getting very annoyed. "Apollo saw a prophecy today" Yugyeom blurted out.

Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at him. "And how does that concern me" he asked skeptically. Apollo was a very arrogant god. He would not have sent Hermes if he really didn't have to.

"He said, and I quote, underworld might find it's queen very soon" Yugyeom informed. Jeongguk stayed seated on his throne, hands clenched and jaw tightened. "What did you just say" his voice was a few octaves deeper, his eyes flashing green.