1 - Tokyo

Y/n L/n had despised the idea of moving to Tokyo since the moment the words rolled off her fathers tongue.

"We have to move there y/n, everything we have left is there. Our family, our home, why are you forgetting that you were raised there?"

"I wasn't raised there I was born there. I was raised here in Sydney, in Australia." You let out a shaky breath, on the verge of tears.

This argument has been going on for a while now. Hours of bickering. At a young age you had moved here, no memory whatsoever of your 'home' at Tokyo. You never liked the idea of leaving this place, not even for a weekend away, you were attached. Although this place was the only setting you could remember, waking up to the orange skies and bustling street noise, it gave you a different level of comfort.

When your dad had brought up the words 'moving' about a week ago you had completely lost it. Afraid that you'll loose the precious memories of your friends and outings.

"You've gotta listen to me y/n, we have to move there. Not just for your mum everything we have left is there. Plus I heard from your cousins that there's a shit ton of places for you to go explore," an exhausted laugh escapes his lips, "Hinata will show you everything I promise." At this point your dad was pleading for approval.

You were the only thing he had left. A few months ago, your small family of three was tragically cut down to two. Your mother, caught in the middle of a street brawl and suffering many life threatening injuries. As she spent her last few minutes in hospital y/n remembers her last words to her, sounding as a reminder at any given moment:

The key to the cage in which you're trapped in isn't necessarily with you. Look for your key beyond the bars, the world awaits your footsteps...

Sure it was a bit wordy and hard to get around, but y/n kept the mental note. Hopeful that one day these words would come in handy at some point and become clear as day.

"You've got to trust me on this one. Pack everything you need, we're leaving in two days and don't expect to return in a while, or ever" y/n's Dad scratches his now overgrown stubble while getting up and walking into his own room.

You were left standing in front of the worn out leather couch, without a breath you made your way into your own room. Upon thinking over it you were certain your father was not going to back down on this decision, after all he was right

There wasn't much left for you two to keep on going. It was getting unstable. Financially, mentally and somewhat physically. Moving to Tokyo with aid of your cousins who lived there was guaranteed security. Thinking selflessly you started to strip your walls bare of your posters and printed pictures, beginning to pack for a new point in life.

(。-_-。 )人( 。-_-。) timeskip !

"You can have the bigger room" your father said as he pulled the last of the luggage's into the apartment.

Your eyes widened in semi-shock, "woah are you serious?"

"Dead set, it's down the hall and on the right."

Rushing off with your backpack still strapped to your back you skidded down the hallway, using your socks against the wood on the floor as roller skates. At the end of the hallway were three doors. The one directly in front a washroom and the door to the left being a medium sized bedroom.

Turning to the right with a sly smile played on your lips, you held onto the dent on the side of the door. Sliding it ever so slowly you pushed open the sliding door, a cold breeze hitting your face. The room was indeed big, an L shaped room. On entrance, to you're left was a built in wardrobe, the doors of it being mirrors that lead straight from the floor to the roof. Moving slowly to your right, there was a window in the middle of the wall, a small window seat situated in front.

'I could get used to this.' You said to yourself moving further into the room.

On the end of the room sat another window, but minus the window seat. It was the same size but outside you could see dark bars leading down. Taking a closer look and staring out the window you came to a realisation that it was a fire escape ladder. Turning to your right was a little more space on your room. Creating the short length of the 'L' shaped room.

'I can put my desk here with my PC and everything.' Mentally placing down your furniture in your room you were interrupted by some rapid knocking on your door.

"Calm down, it's open." You said slightly shouting since the door was a bit far.

The door slid to the right slowly, revealing your very tired looking father.
"I have something for you," a smirk played on his lips, indicating something mischievous. It was something you couldn't miss. After all you often made the same face.

He moved back slowly as you walked closer to the door, curiosity running through your body. Was it a new PC, a mini fridge, food, a pet?

'OH MY GOD IS IT A (dream pet) THAT IVE ALWAYS WANTED?!'

Coming out of your bundled thoughts your dad had completely vanished from sight and had been replaced with a girl with strawberry hair wearing what seemed to be school uniform.

"HINA-CHAN!" Without even having to move you were embraced in a tight suffocating hug.

"Y/N-CHAN IM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU IN PERSON." Hinata had grabbed onto your shoulders and moved her head back to get a full view of your face. "You're so much more prettier in person than what the screen shows." A slight giggle leaves her lips.

"Me? Look at you! You're absolutely gorgeous I can't believe we're actually seeing each other in person." Slight happy tears coated your eyes.

You and Hinata are very close close even though majority of your lives you had been talking through the internet. At a young age your mum had encouraged you to keep close contacts with your family. Since the age of 6 she'd make you video call Hinata's family and upon finding out that Hina was the same age as you, you both clicked and became good friends. You had eventually become best friends, over the course of the past few years you knew everything about each other. From your school grades to who you had liked. You knew she had a boyfriend, Takemichi-Kun. And she knew you had nobody, loner.

"Come on let me help you unpack, we can catch up while we do so." Hinata tugged on your hand leading you towards the boxes in the corner. Beginning to unpack you both were immersed into deep conversations, an endless night awaited for you both.

--
My writing is rusty as hell and I do apologise last time I wrote an x reader was when I was 12 and I swore to myself I wouldn't do that again... Well here we are ;-; ! If there are any mistakes or grammatical errors that you have seen please tell me :) Also I do apologise to those who don't live in Sydney it's just easier for me to connect the story together.

Also expect slow updates, i am writing this for nobody but myself. I am currently still in school and most of the time busy, being in my senior years i have to prioritise that more than this book. So this will be something i will do in my few spare moments. Thank you all for understanding, please interact i love getting to know people :]

Much Love, Author-Chan <3