Untitled Part 5

Ghost Hunt:Volume 6 Chapter 4ContentsChapter 4 - Calamity[]1[]

His "older brother" was Yasutaka-san, the second son.

He was the person who was originally very cheerful, however, recently he's been depressed for some reason.

When we rushed into Yasutaka-san's room, it was stained with patches of thick, viscous blood. A futon was laid to one side of one of the two six tatami mat divisions and Yasutaka-san was sprawled there. The family had crowded around him. Both of his hands were thrown out atop the futon and his wrists were marred with deep, horrific wounds. The futon was soaked in blood. A utility knife laid abandoned on his chest.

I felt dizzy. The smell of the blood made me nauseous.

Bou-san leapt into the room. He pushed aside a sobbing Hiroe-obasan and leaned over Yasutaka-san's bedside, then he immediately stood up and opened the dresser.

"Young master, did you call an ambulance?"

"I called."

Bou-san pulled neck ties out from the inside of the dresser and with them, tightly bound the upper part of Yasutaka-san's arms.

He's still okay. He's still... breathing. We've mostly stopped the bleeding, so surely he won't die.

Before I was aware of what I was doing, I had tightly clasped my fingers together. Left in a daze and unable to move, someone poked me.

"Is Yasu-ojichan dead?"

Wakako-chan asked with an innocent face.

"Hey, is he dead?"

Their expressions were like they were seeking pleasant news. I didn't know how to reply to that. Wakako-chan looked at me as if surprised and then met eyes with Katsuki-kun.

"He's still alive."

"Whaat!"

The pair were truly frightening with their innocently bored-looking expressions. Would they prefer it if their uncle died? I tried to ask, but I was afraid to hear the answer. The pair left me, who could not speak, and ran down the corridor while whispering secretly. The sound of ambulance sirens blared.

***

Yasutaka-san was taken to a nearby hospital. 'I'm going crazy,' he had said after he regained consciousness. Akifumi-san, who stayed by Yasutaka-san's side and went to the hospital, told us this after he came back.

"It seems he was hearing voices when he was alone. He said they ordered him to kill the family."

Akifumi-san's facial expression held a deep look of grief.

"It seems he saw dreams when he was sleeping. Dreams where he would kill the family. He said he remembered the feel of stabbing people because the dreams continued excessively. The content being such, my brother couldn't tell anyone. Then he said... at this rate he thought he might actually kill us someday."

Bou-san, who had listened to the story with a grave expression, bowed his head.

"If he had been discovered too late, then he would have become the first victim. I'm sincerely sorry for our lack of assistance."

"...No. The disaster with Shibuya-san was because of us as well."

After lightly shaking his head, Bou-san stood up and opened the adjacent sliding door.

There was no change in the appearance of the room. The solitary futon was spread out and Naru was sleeping. After overlooking the room, Bou-san looked back at Lin-san.