“Wow.” He said. “I am impressed that she can cook.” He said shocked.

“Hey, my best friend can do a lot of things. You would be surprised. Just because she may come from a better class income than most doesn’t mean she is one of those spoiled girls. Amanda has wanted to learn and do things on her own since I have known her. Her mom before she died and Trudy taught her how to cook. And she loves to help people. She used to work part time at the hospital until her dad made her quit. She read and took care of the sick cancer kids. She was a mentor as they called it to give kids hope and support. I know she misses that job. It hurt her heart when she had to quit a year ago.” I said to Pete.

“I didn’t know. I shouldn’t have assumed.” Pete said.

“Yeah, you like my best friend yet you still think she is a spoiled daddy’s girl. Wake up and smell the roses.” I said storming off.

How could Pete do that? He wants to get to know Amanda yet he is shocked that she can cook and do things on her own. That boy needs a wake up call badly. He needs to get off the revenge kick.

I walked into the kitchen to find everyone there with Jake and Pete following in behind me. Brendon was I guess in his room. The food Amanda cooked looked really good.

“Um, I am so sorry, Chris.” I heard Amanda say. I guess no one gave her the memo that he was a vegan.

“It’s alright. I will let it slide.” He said laughing at Amanda and fixing whatever it is he likes to eat.

“I want to thank you all for letting Erelin, Sam and I stay here and I look forward to having new friendships.” Amanda said raising her chocolate milk glass up for a toast.

After breakfast I went up and showered thinking about tonight. I was so excited. I put on my black long sleeved v-neck shirt and my camouflage low rise pants. Then I pulled out my favorite pair of combat boots that Amanda had bought me a few years ago for my birthday. My hair was pulled into a side ponytail and I wore a black beret type hat to the side.

“Perfect.” I said heading downstairs.

I surfed the web for a few hours in the study then walked the grounds until Jake found me. He took me to my favorite diner to eat dinner then we headed out to the park with weapons in tow.

Everything was going great. Or so we thought. There were a few vampires that we killed while patrolling but we were being followed and didn’t know it.

We started to walk hand in hand back to our car since the park was dead. He pulled me close to kiss me until we heard a tree branch snap. We turned to see if it was a vampire lurking but instead we were ambushed by the same guys who attacked Erelin the other night only there were more.

We tried to fight off our attackers but lost. Jake and I ended up separated and three guys had pinned me down tying my hands behind my back. When they pulled me up I noticed one had a bite mark on his neck, from me trying to rip his mask off earlier, but he wasn’t a vampire.

“What do you want with me and Jake?” I asked still trying to get loose even though my hands were tied.

“We need you, Sam.” I heard a familiar voice say. It was that blasted Colin’s.

“Need me for what?” I asked pissed. “Where’s Jake?” I asked.

“Your Jake will be taken care of and is fine for the moment. But you and your friend Erelin in the car over there will help me draw Amanda out.” Colin said. He was the one with the bite mark.

“If not your Jake and Brendon will certainly pay for you not helping.” He said.

What is he stupid? Brendon is a strong vampire and Jake can defend himself. They will find us. I am sure.

“Erelin already made a mistake in not cooperating well. Maybe you can talk some sense into her. You see we dropped an unconscious Brendon out in an alley so that when he wakes up if he doesn’t find shelter soon he is dust.” Colin said laughing.

“You wouldn’t!” I said.

“Oh, yes we would. We did. I want Amanda. You will find out why soon enough.” He said blindfolding me and placing me into the car.

I couldn’t see anything due to the blindfold except that I could feel Erelin was in the backseat with me. I assumed she was unconscious for she was kind of slumped over and her breathing was different.

"Colin, I hate you and Amanda hates you!" I screamed.

We were in big trouble and I had no clue as to why a sleaze like Colin would go to all this trouble to talk to Amanda. But then again why did he have bite marks on his neck? Was he working for someone? Was he working for Amanda’s dad and he found out the truth? How much information did her dad know about us and Amanda? I hope the boys will be alright and that Brendon gets to shelter.