"Its gonna take a miracle for us to hold on."

Y/n's POV

At the practice the next day we were getting to work to say the least. We were doing all sorts of drills and now that there wasn't the negativity from *cough cough charlie* it is going much better. Coach said we were gonna have a new technique at working on defense. After a while he had us take a knee on the ice.

"Alright I've been doing my homework on the varsity. I'm not gonna lie to you they're good. The way they wiped your faces in the dirt last time was no fluke. So if you want your pride back you better be willing to work. There's nothing glamorous about it. In the pros we call it
blue-collar hockey. Now there's one thing Varsity does very well. They're vultures around the net." He said getting a can from a trashcan. "They pick up every piece of loose trash. That's how they beat you. Not with the first shot; the second and third. They bang in the junk so if you wanna win, you're gonna have to pick up the trash." He picked up the trashcan and turned it over spilling everything onto the ice. That's sanitary.

"Have any cream cheese?" Averman said holding up a moldy bagel.

We were doing this drill like a swoop in and stop any trash going to Julie. It was really weird, but interesting. And nasty. We did this for a while and Coach would switch around the way we did it. We left the school and coach dumped out the trash on the sidewalk. We had to pick up the trash and throw in the can he was holding quickly....

Over the next few days we did the same things trying to better it. I'd say we were getting pretty good. It was the Thursday before the game and we were finishing up a drill when coach blew his whistle.

"Let's Go! Get over here!" He yelled very angry sounding. "Grab a knee!" He said. "You guys are not skating like warriors! You look like something else." He said opening a box. He looked around at us for a second and you could see a little smile trying to form. "You look like ducks." He said ripping someone's duck jersey out of the box. "Robertson." He said throwing the jersey to Dwayne. Everyone got up excited to get our jerseys back. I honestly didn't know if we were gonna get them back since that day coach had us take them off. We all got around to get our jerseys back. At the end of practice we did like a, how you call it out in basketball at the end of a game or time out? Yeah that except we were chanting 'quack'. Tomorrow was our game against Varsity. It could either be real bad or real good......

•skip to Varsity-JV game•

We were getting ready to go on the ice as Varsity warmed up on their side. Coach lets us wear our ducks jersey, which was pretty nice.

"This is for Hans." Charlie said. We started going onto the ice and began forming a circle as we skated around. We had one hand on the ice and our stick in the other as we skated around in a circle as a tribute to Hans. After that we were in the box waiting for the game to start.

"Alright let's go hunting for goose eggs, huh? C'mon hand in." Coach said. We put our hands in and waited for Coach. "On three...quack. One....two.....three quack." As we quacked the energy felt better than previous games. Surprisingly enough the crowd 'quacked' with us. It's really just the Varsity that hates us isn't it. We finished the chant thing and began skating out onto the ice. I was starting, which is good and bad. As the puck was in play Adam was knocked to the ground and varsity came out with the puck. Julie saved the first attempted point. Goldberg stopped one of the hits with his skate and Varsity was having more trouble then they expected. Coach switched out Fulton and Russ and we were back into playing. Charlie knocked down Rick and Dwayne got the puck. Dwayne dodged a varsity player and they crashed into the boards. Then another did them Fulton crushed into them, then two more crashed into Fulton. Varsity had the puck again and Julie stopped the puck. Charlie retrieved the puck only for Rick to check him. Another Varsity player tried hitting it in but Julie saved it. Coach was switching everybody around pretty often cause of how tough varsity was. I watched as Averman, Guy, and Goldberg were playing actual defense. Soon enough Dwayne had a break away with about 2 varsity on the other side. Dwayne hit it in, but Scooter stopped it. The second period rolled around soon enough and nothing was changing. Same rough game going on. I winced a little as I watch Adam get 'tossed' over this dudes back. Everybody was getting checked man, rougher than normal. The only nice thing was hitting varsity. Averman got smashed up against the boards by two players and I could practically see the birds flying around his head. At one point Julie went to retrieve the puck and got tripped by one of our players. Varsity had a open shot and Julie just barely managed to stop it. Guy got checked into the boards really, really hard. I was one of the first ones over to him.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗮𝗱𝗮𝗺 𝗯𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 ➪𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩 [𝙗. 2] 🎉