Ch-20 Succumbed

Beginne am Anfang

"It's my gift to you. You have to accept it. No returns."

"No way! I am not taking it. It's to priceless!"

"My dear, i don't care. Either take it or throw it away. Cause I am not taking it back, when it clearly meant for you." He remained stubborn.

"You like getting your way don't you Mr. king?"

"Certainly, ." I felt useless to argue with him anymore. He is like a child. I could feel his grin from the phone.

"What the gift though?"

"It's my way of inviting you to dinner tonight."

"And where are we going?"

"My restaurant. Les mares. Pick you up at 8, be ready and wear something the bracelet..." he ended the call as soon as he finished giving me orders.

So bossy!

The drone flew out too.

I didn't even had a chance to deny him. Although, I did agree to give him one dinner. So no backing out now.

I went to the mirror to dry my hair again.

I know, it's shocking. I succumbed so easily?

What changed?

Well all i could say that, he was right in some way or other. What he told me during the dinner last night was not wrong. I had Henry yet, I can't deny Marcus presence.

From the moment I saw his eyes. In the bar . They captivated me. He is nothing that a sane minded person would look for in a relationship. He is trouble, danger, cocky, possessive, likes being in control, and I know being with him will only cause me pain, heartbeat or even killed. But, I can't ignore him anymore.

I tried to deny and resist him all I could past few days and at the dinner. But I just can't help myself.

I don't plan to fall for him. I don't plan to hurt Henry but when he is with me I forget the world.  In his world, I was at an inch from death, but also never felt more alive.

I remember telling him, I won't fall for him. Yet can't resist his charms. Sometimes about him, pulls my heart strings. Maybe he is right, I am not that timid shy women, not the kind to settle for ordinary, I want passion that consume me. The addictive love. The danger and thrill. The power, it's overwhelming yet so fulfilling.

Wait did I just agree to him?

Yes! Now I declare myself certified crazy.

All I know, he is something that got my feelings messed up. He make me want more. More than Henry. I was doomed from the time I treated his wounds. Like. A. Moth. To. A. Flame. He. Drew. Me. In.

He makes me question everything.

The sane becomes insane.

I am getting deeper and deeper. And I can't pull out without understanding my feelings. This not a rendezvous with a stranger anymore. If my feelings and relationship with Henry is on line. Our 5 years. My first love, in on the edge of the cliff cause of him. I have figure it out my feelings before breaking hearts or hurting someone. Nina was right I don't kiss someone unless I was in deep with Henry. Then what changed. And how?

And if you ask me ... if I am this deep why do I struggle? It's cause of Henry. He was once my everything and now too. I will not throw out of the window our relationship on a fling, I need to be sure.

With that thought in mind I got ready.

I wore a simple and elegant white dress. White was my colour.