𝟏𝟗 | chop suey

Start from the beginning

"Oh right, we still haven't eaten anything. Okay, Scara the Explorer, lead the way!"

"Pft, that's cute." Childe remarked.

"Shut it. Not another word out of your damn mouth."

"Aye aye..."

[ 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒... ]

"This school is so big..." I complained as my legs started to feel tired.

"We're almost there so just quit your whining." Scaramouche spoke, visibly irritated by my constant grumbling.

"I can carry you, if you'd like." Childe offered, striding with his long legs, showing no signs of exhaustion.

"I doubt you could even carry your school bag with your twig arms; I should be the one to carry Y/N." Kaeya butted in, also showing that he wasn't tired in the slightest.

"Damnit! First, stop trying to take the opportunity of carrying my sister and second, slow down; you guys walk way too fucking fast and I'm the one who's supposed to lead the way."

"Not our fault you have legs half the size of deez nuts." I joked, quickening my walking pace just to spite him.

"Your whole body is going to become 'half the size of deez nuts' if you don't shut the hell up." He seriously threatened in a dark and low tone, most probably having enough of my childish acts. "I swear, you're almost like another version of Childe, but a female version."

"Haha, I can't believe that a grown 18 year old female made a DN joke!" Childe laughed.

"Never too old for a good DN joke, I guess." Kaeya remarked.

As we continued walking towards the cafeteria, I noticed a familiar person from my peripheral point of view.

I looked towards the direction of the unlit hallway to my left and saw Xiao, Kaeya's seat-mate, lurking around in the dark, furthermost corner.

I slowed down in an unnoticeable manner in order to better observe Xiao's odd behaviour.

Despite the strange fact that he's in a dark area all alone, he simply stood there; as if he had nothing better to do.

"What are you doing Y/N? We need to hurry because we don't have much time left." Childe asked, stopping in his tracks.

Kaeya and Scaramouche did the same after Childe spoke out loud, looking at me with curiosity and vexation.

I looked away from Xiao and the dark hallway and decided to walk faster, towards them. "Ah, it's nothing. I just decided to slow down because I was getting tired."

"Well, the cafeteria is just at the right turn so we'll be able to sit and rest soon."

"God, that's great." We continued to walk once again until we finally reached the goddamn cafeteria.

"Home, sweet home!" Childe yelled, immediately dashing towards the Golden Shrimp Balls stall.

"Like a kid in an amusement park." I laughed as I watched Childe attempt to squeeze himself in the crowd that was gathered around the stall.