𝟎𝟗 | wanmin restaurant

[ 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 ]

Miraculously, nothing much has changed here at all

I looked around the area and the atmosphere and structure of the place was pretty much the same as how it was two years ago when I last visited Liyue.

Though, since I started to feel the weight of my bags on my back and arms, I was getting quite tired.

"Say Y/N, I don't want to sound rude to you but are you sure you know where you're going?" Kaeya asked with a hint or irritation in his voice, letting out an exhale afterward.

Seems like he's getting tired just like me, considering the fact that he brought more stuff than I did.

"I'm pretty sure I know where we're going. That restaurant was also here two years ago, so it's a sign that we're almost at Scaramouche's place."

I pointed to the Wanmin Restaurant which was at my left.

I should eat there should the opportunity arise.

"Speaking of which, would you like to rest for a while and eat lunch? I could use a well-deserved break." Kaeya mentioned as he motioned to Wanmin Restaurant.

Looks like the opportunity arose sooner than I thought it would.

"Sure, I'm dying to get these bags off of me." I replied as the both of us entered Wanmin Restaurant.

Almost immediately as soon as we went inside, a girl with short hair and a bubbly aura approached us, "Welcome to Wanmin Restaurant! I'm Xiangling, one of the cooks here. I'll lead you to your table."

Kaeya and I followed her to one of the tables and once we sat down, she handed us the menu.

"Call me once you're ready to order!" Xiangling said before heading off to another table.

"The atmosphere is quite lively here." Kaeya commented as he eyed the noisy diners.

I laughed because what he just said was true.

Before I could check the menu Xiangling handed to me, I heard the doors open.

"You really have to stop calling me just to pay for your food, Zhongli. The way you told me you needed help made me think it was really urgent. I'm a busy man, you know." A ginger haired male who seemed to be around the same age as me complained to a darker haired male who had a sophisticated aura surrounding him.

"My sincerest apologies, Childe. Once I realized that I had forgotten my wallet, I felt inclined to call you for some help considering the fact that I was famished." Zhongli replied.

Even his choice of words and the way he speaks gives off a sophisticated vibe.

"Hmm, whatever. Since we're already here, I might as well also buy some food for myself." Childe said as the both of them sat down on a table just right beside mine and Kaeya's.

"What do you feel like ordering Y/N?" Kaeya asked me.

My eyes quickly skimmed through the menu and I chose the meal that seemed tasty, "Oh, I guess I'll have the Grilled Tiger Fish. What about you?"

"I've decided on ordering the Crystal Shrimp. I'll call Xiangling to let her know our orders." He said then tried to get Xiangling's attention.

Sadly, it seemed as though Xiangling was too busy handling the other noisy, hungry, and demanding customers.

It must be tough and stressful on Xiangling since she has to deal with a lot of people all at once.

It also seemed as though she was the only one taking the people's orders.

"Uh, I think I'll handle this one, Kaeya. I'm gonna have to get busy for a while." I told Kaeya and approached Xiangling.

I tapped her shoulder in order to gain her attention, "Hey Xiangling. Do you need any help in taking the customers' orders? I'm willing to extend a hand."

Xiangling's eyes lit up and she held both of my hands, "Really? Thank you so much- uh, what's your name?"

"I'm Y/N."

"Well Y/N, thanks a lot! Please take the orders of the customers from your side and I'll handle the ones here."

[ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ]

i'm gonna have to cut it short again lol

i'm gonna have to cut it short again lol. yey we now met zhongli and childe 🥰