Catch Me If You Can

I was dragged back to their camp and very unkindly thrown to to the ground by this man's "friends". Their leader, General Creep, was very happy to find out that his special prize had been found, and made a very big point to tell him how he was now "going up the chain of command" and would be "promoted immediately and get his own tent for now and a house when they meet up with the other recruits". Shit.

General Creep was quick to size me up. "And who do we have here?" I glared at him profusely, and clumsily stood back up. Brushing off my pants, I tried to bite my tongue to keep my response in. I really did. But I was too pissed at this point to even try.

"Something you won't touch or I will fucking murder you." His eyes opened wider; he wasn't expecting that. There was an unsteady silence as some soldiers covered their mouths and others just stared in awe. I just had to go and open my big mouth, didn't I? He stepped forward and leaned down slightly do my height. Staring him down, I didn't see his hand coming until it was too late.

I was knocked to the ground. Touching my fingers to my face, they came away with scarlet red drops. Tears sprung to my eyes, and I blinked them away. He wouldn't get away with this, I wasn't raised to stay on the ground when I'm knocked down. As his shadow loomed over me I kicked out and knocked him onto the dirt beside me before springing up and running away, only to be caught by the mass of soldiers.

Flung back into the circle, I caught myself before falling completely to the ground. Two men were helping General Creep up. "Are you okay, General Russell sir!?" General Russell? Whatever, I'm still calling him General Creep. The name fits him.

The young man who had captured me earlier stepped from the crowd and walked gup to the General. He dusted some of the dirt off his shoulder and I just now began to realize how attractive he was. Tall, very tall, around 6'5", dark dirty blond hair, and captivating stormy blue eyes. I shook my head. I must have fell harder than I thought; I could never like him! He caught me and turned me in! He must be my sworn enemy.

"Excuse me, General Russel? You said I could have anything I want of equal worth to her, correct?" The General nodded in response. "In that case, I want her." The General's grin slipped slightly.

"What?" The young man shifted, like he was nervous, but then stood up straight.

"Your exact words were that I could have something of equal worth to her. And I do believe she is of equal worth to herself. Unless, of course, you were lying." He smirked and the general growled, glaring.

"You take her you leave this army! I'll call you in for deserting and have you hung if found!" He yelled and pointed at me then at the young man, flailing about dramatically. The young man shrugged before walking up to me. He smiled down at me before grabbing my arm and pulling me through the crowd that had parted in front of us, shock riddling the whispers that rose above them. As we neared the outskirts of the camp he turned to General Russell.

"Try and catch me."