Cнαpтer Nɪɴᴇ » A Qᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴɪɴɢ

Scowling to myself, Isabel and I both watch her strut away with narrowed eyes.

"What the fuck is wrong with her?" Isabel growls.

"That's what I'm wondering." I agree.

Isabel snaps her fingers, "damn, and just when you were going to tell Levi that you're soulmates." Isabel shakes her head disapprovingly.

"And what's worse, is..." I trail off, not bearing to finish.

Isabel slightly turns her head, protruding a brow. "What's worse is, what?" She prompts.

I meet her gaze, "I'm starting to feel the attraction with Levi." I admit, feeling my cheeks turn a hue of rose, although I don't express my emotions much, and Isabel's eyes widen at my words.

【❣】

My feet were planted on the lunch table as the four of us, which is now including Farlan, sit together at our regular spot. Petra laughing and chatting with Levi, although she's the only one laughing, comes into my vision and I eye them, anger clawing its way into my mind once more. I attack my sandwich the school provided, clenching it in my grasp.

"Wow... something's gotten into Ebony." Farlan notes.

I cast him a threatening glare, "you mind repeating that, Farlan?" I challenge, daring him to.

Farlan holds his head in shame, slightly bowing it. "Sorry..." he mutters, averting his eyes to the ground. His eyes flicker up again, "it's just that -- well -- you're suddenly angry. What's wrong?" He asks.

I hiss out a sigh, unraveling my feet from the table. "Nothing," I growl.

Eren shrugs, a smirk tugging his mouth. "Well, it's obviously something that's wrong."

"Not helping," I hiss at him, causing him to throw his hands in the air.

Isabel displays a smirk, "I know what it is."

"Don't," I hiss, clenching my teeth at her.

"Ebony's jealous, believe it or not." She stats.

"Stop," I growl.

"Jealous? Of who?" Farlan inquires, also casting a smirk at me.

"Shut up," I hiss, eyes now starting to blaze.

"Well -- she's just pissed that Petra stole Levi."

Farlan frowns, "why would she envy Petra? Levi's not her soulmate." Rolling her eyes, Isabel presses her lips against his ear, uttering hushed things. 

Once she pulls back from him, Farlan looks at me with wide eyes. He leans closer to me, his whispering breath hovering in my ear. "You found another bracelet?!"

"Yes, it was the one my dad made for me before he died. To this day, I don't think it was just a 'lab accident.' I think he was killed."

"What? What makes you say that?" Farlan asks, his voice hushed.

"There's a fake aura about Petra. Something about her seems played like she's hiding something underneath. Even though she was saying it in a sweet way, she was still threatening me. Wouldn't surprise me if Petra was batshit crazy. On top of that, I found a camera tape of what actually happened to my dad." I explain.

"Shit, I'm sorry. That's awful. Who would kill off an employee for trying to help his daughter out? But otherwise, yeah, Petra seeming fake? I think so," Farlan replies.