Preserum!Steve Rogers- Smile for the Camera

PROMPTS:
4. ℌ𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔤𝔬𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔠𝔞𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔞?
7. ℑ𝔣 𝔦𝔱'𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔠𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔢𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫, ℑ 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔯𝔢 𝔠𝔲𝔱𝔢 𝔱𝔬𝔬.

*******************************

Stark Expo, 1943

Brooklyn, New York

"Anna, have you got your camera?"
"Yes mother," I replied, walking over to her bed with my new camera slung over my shoulder. She smiled and sat up so she could kiss my cheek as we heard a knock on the door, "Go on then, that should be Connie. Have fun, okay?"
"I will mother. I'll be sure to show you all the photos when I get back, okay?" She chuckled, "Alright, now go on. Go!"

I chuckled and walked over to the door, smiling when I saw one of my closest friends Connie stood there, "You ready to go?"
"Yep. Let's go!" We both laughed and linked arms, beginning our short walk to the Expo, the flashing lights and cheers of the already large crowd being heard from where we were. 

I smiled at Connie, "So, how's Bucky?" I said, a small smirk on my face as she laughed quietly, "He's amazing, he's such a gentleman too. Oh, he's the sweetest."
"Then why are you bringing me along to the Expo and not him?" 

Connie seemed to avoid the question, trying to change the topic as we arrived at the Expo, "What are you hiding from me?"
"I may have set up a date for us?"
"Us?"
"Yeah! Bucky's bringing a friend of his. I think his name was, Stan? Stev?"
"Steve?"
"Yes! That one!" She said and I blushed softly, realizing who it would be, "Steve Rogers? The little guy with like 100 different problems?"
"Do you know him?"
"No, because it's not like I've had the biggest girl scout crush on him since like 3rd Grade or anything, Connie."
"Him, really? Ew." 

I gave her a deadpanned expression and she retracted her last statement, "It's a good thing you're not the one crushing on him then, huh girlie?"
"Yeah," she replied, "I think you guys would be really cute!"

I turned bright red at her statement, looking up at her as we walked into the Expo, "W-What makes you say that?"
"You both would just compliment each other, y'know. Also, you're both so tiny~"
"Connie!"
"C'mon Anna you know you are!"
"Oh shush. Let's just go to where we're meeting the boys, shall we?"
"Okay." 

We continued to walk through the Expo, taking pictures through my camera as we walked, eventually getting to the meeting point. We both stood in silence when Connie noticed both boys starting to approach us, "There they are!"

I looked up from my camera noticing the two boys approach us, both me and Dot waving to them to get their attention. Bucky was the first to notice, waving back when he saw us, both him and Steve picking up their speed.

They both came and joined us and we exchanged the formal pleasantries when I glanced over at Steve, smiling softly, "H-Hey Steve

They both came and joined us and we exchanged the formal pleasantries when I glanced over at Steve, smiling softly, "H-Hey Steve."
"Hello Anna," he replied, "How are you?"
"I'm good thank you," I said, a small smile being given in response, "I'm guessing that Bucky made you come with him?"
"Yeah. I wouldn't come to an event like this on my own."
"Neither would I. It was only when Connie and I got here that she mentioned that you and Bucky would be joining us."
"Would you have not come if you knew?"
"N-No it's not like that it's just she's been trying to set me up on dates for months now and she just won't get the message that I already like someone," I explained, red in embarrassment.

Steve chuckled, "I know what you mean. Bucky doesn't seem to get it either," he said and I stiffened slightly but nodded, "Well then, if that's the case, would you fancy going around the Expo with me? As a friend, of course."

I smiled and linked my arm with his, my camera resting on my shoulder of my other arm, "I would love to, Steve." We both laughed quietly and proceeded to follow the other couple around the Expo, having fun and making simple conversation along the way.

We got outside Stark's invention and I smiled, getting Bucky and Connie's attention, "Hey lovebirds turn around and I'll get a photo of you both!" They both turned and smiled as I let go of Steve's arm, putting my camera up to my eye line, "Say Stark!"
"Stark!" They both responded as I got the photo, putting my camera back down to my side, "Now we'll just have to wait until I process these. I'll get Connie to give you a copy of the photo, Bucky."
"Okay then," he replied, "Hey Anna, you trust me?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Give me your camera and swap places with me and Connie."
"W-What?" I stuttered, glancing at Steve then back at Bucky, "I-I don't know."

I noticed Connie looking at me with big eyes and I sighed, "I will give the camera to connie, not to you, Barnes."
"But you just said you trust me."
"I don't care," I replied, handing Connie my camera as she whispered in my ear, "Kiss him on the cheek. It'll be adorable."
"W-What? I couldn't."
"Just do it."
"Fine." I huffed as Steve and I swapped places with Bucky and Connie, both of us now stood in front of this magnificent invention, "Smile!" Connie said and took the picture, me kissing Steve on the cheek as she did so.

Before he could say anything to me, I quickly walked over to Connie, taking back my camera, "Happy now?" I asked quietly, red with embarrassment, "Yes. Hunny look at him. He's gone so red bless him. You might've given him a heart attack." I looked over to where Steve now was with Bucky, chuckling quietly when I noticed how red his face was, his hand over the place where I had kissed as he looked over in shock, "I'll leave you guys to it," my brunette friend replied, going over and pulling Bucky away from us as Stev came over to me, "W-What was that?"
"What was what, Steve?"
"Th-The the kiss."
"I-I don't know. I mean Connie had suggested it and I mean you're kinda cute, well not kinda cute you're actually really cute and I just kinda thought you wouldn't mind and I mean you're really sweet and everything and I just figured that you wouldn't have really thought anything of it since--" I froze when I felt a soft kiss land on my own cheek, my own face turning red as I looked back over at Steve. 

He smiled softly at my appearance, "You were rambling."
"Sorry."
"Don't be. It's actually really adorable," Steve replied, "Besides if it's any correlation, I think you're really cute too. As a matter of fact, I've been meaning to speak to you for a while now."
"Y-You have?" I asked, mentally scolding myself for stuttering. He nodded, "Yeah, um, well I've kinda had this really stupid crush on you since like the 5th Grade. Bucky always terrorises me about it."
"That's not stupid at all. If that's stupid then I must be incredibly dumb."
"What makes you say that?"
"Well, I've kinda had a really stupid crush on you since 3rd Grade when you came to my house on my birthday with one of the dolls that I had been saving up to get. Dumb, huh?"

Steve laughed, reminiscing, "Not one bit."
"So," I started, "What now?"
"Well, now we don't have to do this as friends. We can be actual dates. I-I mean if you want of course."
"Did you not just hear anything I just said? 3rd Grade, Steve. And you're asking me on a date. I would be unbelievably stupid if I said no."
"That's fair," he replied as we both shared a laugh, together both of us going round to enjoy the rest of the Expo.