Chapter 35- Truth or Truth

Start from the beginning

She tried to contain the jealous fury rising in her as she watched them kiss shortly. A sight that churned her stomach until she felt like throwing up. If it wasn't for jealousy gripping her she would've noticed the fake smile on his face. They finally parted and Emily took notice of her presence.

"Hi, Ally."

"Hey." Ally noticed how he had protectively wrapped his arm around Emily and she was snuggling closer to him as if they weren't close enough. The identical grins on their faces pricked her poor heart. She wanted to hate that girl with every cell in her body but she just couldn't. After all, Emily was perfect. She was sweet, caring, beautiful, courteous and had a GPA higher than Ally. It was like she had jumped into this century from a Jane Austen novel. Ally could never compete against such a killer package.

She discovered her emotions were at brim and she couldn't afford to break at that moment. In search of space she said, "Uh I'm going to find where everyone else." She took off without hearing their reply.

Before she could reach further away from them she saw Haley talking to Luke not much far from there. She approached and said her best wishes to the birthday girl.

"So how does it feel to be eighteen finally?"

"Honestly, I don't feel very nice. It just hit me that we'll all be separated in six months." Haley said gloomily. She swirled the drink in her hand and blankly stared at the red cup.

Luke enveloped her into a side hug and kissed her hair. "Don't say that, baby. It's your birthday today and I don't want to see you sad."

She had the urge to ask him about the future of his relationship with Haley since they were choosing different colleges. Haley wanted to try out different majors in her freshmen year while Luke was sure he wanted to pursue engineering. But she didn't want to sadden her friend even more so she kept quiet and heard Luke's various failed attempts in cheering her up.

"Okay dumbasses. Stop whinning and let's enjoy this day together." Ally commanded taking charge of lifting the death like enviornment around the place.

"You're right." She sighed and then straightened her stance. "Let's do this. I want this day to be remembered." Haley raised her cup in the air announcing the beginning of an unforgettable night for all of them.

*

Soon Ryan and Becky too reached and it was time to give the present to Haley. The three excused themselves and gathered in a huddle. "Okay, where's Cam?" Ryan asked.

"There." Ally pointed behind them where the couple was talking and drinking. "With Emily."

"So Ally you go call him and meet us outside at his car." Ryan told making her jump to her feet.

"No." She didn't have the strength nor the courage to see him with Emily.

"But why? Look we have to give her the gift before this party turns wild."

"Well... Why don't any of you go and call him while I wait outside?"

"Shut up, guys. I'll call him and you two meet us outside." Becky said and Ally couldn't have been more thankful.

Ally and Ryan started walking towards the front door when he suddenly asked, "What's your problem with Emily, anyway?"

She was speechless by his question but she shrugged it off. "I don't have any problem with her."

"Oh please you always avoid talking to her."

"Seriously, I don't have any problem with her. I just don't like seeing PDA." She hid the real reason a white lie. "I mean with Haley and Luke and Emily and Miller... it's freaking too much for my eyes."