Chapter 25

"How about this cake?" the baker, Mrs. Jackson, asked, setting down a plate full of different cakes in front of us.

Hayden got a fork and picked some up, then he fed it to me. "Do you like it?"

I smiled. "It's really good. Your turn." I said, feeding him the same way he had fed me.

"Aww, you two are so darling." said the country Mrs. Jackson said. Her Southern accent strong.

"Thank you." I said. "I like this cake. What do you think?"

"I like it too." Hayden agrees.

"Good, because I say we get it." I said.

He kissed my forehead. "You'd probably get it even if I didn't like it."

I carressed his cheek. "You know me so well."

We told her when the wedding date would be and pre-paid for it. Then we headed to the car. I curled up in his arms, again thankful for the bench seat. Still didn't seem like I was able to get close enough to him though.

"So what now?" he asks me.

I sigh. "Tomorrow I'm going dress shopping. Then the day after that we might have to go dress shopping again. Then sometime we have to go pick out invitations. After that we have to decide where the wedding is going to be. And then where the reception is going to be."

"Doesn't seem like we'll be able to fit enough time in for us." he says.

"I know. We'll have the nights at least." I said.

"True. But that won't be enough." he pouts like a little boy.

I reach up and put my arms around his neck. "Well we have right now. Don't we?"

As soon as our lips were about ot touch the phone rings.

I groan and answer it. "What?" I snapped.

"Chill out. No need to get all bitchy." Mason says from the other line.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Aww, did I interupt your little make out session with Hayden?" he asks. I can tell by his voice that he's smirking.

"Whipe that stupid smirk off your face and tell me what you want already." I said, annoyed.

"All right. Hanna's mad at me and won't tell me why. Get your ass over here and find out for me. Please!" I could hear that he was totally desperate.

"You owe me big time." I said.

"I know! I'll do anything!" he said.

I smiled evily. "Good."

I hung up the phone and turned to Hayden. "Looks like we don't have right now. We have to go to Hanna's. She's mad at Mason and he wants me to find out why."

He sighs. "Of course."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask.

"You always have to help your friends out."

"Your saying that like it's a bad thing. Besides, my friends are important to me. They've been with me a hell of a lot longer than you have." I snapped.

"I didn't mean it like that." he said quickly.

"Then what exactly did you mean, Hayden?"

He doesn't say anything, instead he just cranks up the car and drives over to Hanna's. I quickly climb out and run inside before he has the chance to even come close to stopping me. Once I'm safely inside I watch as he drives away. A ping of sadness runs through my body. But I'll have to deal with that later. Hanna needed me. I ran upstairs to her room. She was laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

"What the hell is going on? I get a call from Mason saying that your pissed at him. What happened?" I asked her, going over to sit next to her on the bed.

She sighs. "He saw Lane kissing me."

"What?" I asked wide-eyed.

Another sigh. "Let me explain all this to begin with. Ever since you met Hayden, Mason and I have been secretly dating." I gasped. "Let me finish. Everything has been perfect. We just didn't want you two to know about us just yet. We planned on telling you tomorrow while we were out dress shopping with you. Well, today Don, Lane, and Mason were over. We were watching the Saw series. We didn't want to invite you since we knew that you hate those movies with a passion. I went to go fill up the popcorn and Lane came with me to refill all the drinks. So we were there and all of a sudden he freakin' kisses me. Mason comes in and sees us. What he doesn't see is that I was trying to push Lane away. Well actually he saw it, but saw it as me trying to push him closer. Then he got pissed at me and yelled at me. I yelled back saying a whole bunch of shit that I didn't mean, like I could never love such a douche. Then I ran upstairs, pissed. Now I regret all of it."

"Call him." I said.

"I can't, not after I said all of that. He hates me now!" she whined.

"He. Loves. You. He's worried about you, Hanna. Just call him." I said.

Just then Mason bursts through her bedroom door. "Hanna, I know you probably never want to see me again. But I love you."

Instead of answering she runs towards him and throws her arms around him. She starts to kiss him.

"Awww." I said.

They broke apart and looked at me.

"Sorry, couldn't resist." I said with a smile.

"Where's Hayden?" Mason asks. "I didn't see him anywhere. I thought he was never leaving your side."

I sank back down on the bed and looked away from them. "We had a fight."

Hanna runs over and puts an arm around me. Mason does the same thing.

"It'll be okay." she tells me. "He loves you. You two won't be mad at each other forever. You'll just kiss and make up."

I sigh. "I hope so."