Chapter 6: Kali's First plan failed

The next day, Kali was in the alley ways of Slag Ravine town. She was disguised as a young gangster woman, so no one would recognize who she was. She looked all around the town, leaning to her side against the wall. She wanted to make sure that no one was looking for her, let alone noticing her at all. Once she confirmed that no one was aware that she was here, Kali began to formulate her plan.

"I figure now is the time to play around with dear Yua for a while." Kali said to herself. She took out her crystal ball to give her minions a call.

"My dear minions," Kali greeted them, "have you found the mysterious cave?"

"We have, dear Kali." One of the minions answered. "We have one question for you though."

Kali rolled her eyes, before asking, "What is it?"

"What's the plan again?" Another one of the minions asked.

Frustrated, Kali placed her hand on her forehead and muttered, "You imbeciles!" She took a deep breath as a way to calm herself down.

"We're going to have Yua explore the cave to get me the diamonds." Kali explained. "If she succeeds, then I'll give her 100 bucks!"

Her minions looked at each other with confusion. "Uh, are you sure about this boss?" One of the minions asked.

"Besides, where could you get 100 bucks?" Another minion said.

"I'm rich." Kali said. "Duh!" She had put on a stupid look on her face as a way to mock her minions' skepticism.

"Oh...." Kali's minions said, in unison.

"Plus, that'll let her build trust with me. And when the time comes, I'll strike her with her friends and family, when the time is right that is." Kali replied.

"Again," One of the minions said, "When will the time be right?"

"Just shut up or I'll turn you into minion pretzels." Kali groaned in frustration. Meanwhile in the sky, Yua and Apollo were flying in the air, making their delivery to the butcher at the meat shop.

"See the meat shop, Yua?" Apollo asked.

"Not yet," Yua replied, "but it should be around here somewhere."

When Apollo looked at his owner, she was focused on her job. He wanted to ask her something that had been on his mind for a while. "What do you think of Slag Ravine?" Apollo asked.

"I think it's wonderful." Yua said. "I'm even grateful for Hiroto and his family taking us in."

"Same here." Apollo replied. "Betcha you're gonna write to your family about your time here, huh?"

"Oh, you bet!" Yua answered. She gave her pet bird a wink.

Just then, Yua saw the meat shop. "There it is!" She said, No sooner that she saw it, she landed softly to the ground. Yua and Apollo walked over to the meat shop, when a butcher noticed them walking in the shop. He stopped chopping his meat, and turned his attention to the door.

"Hey there, you must be Yua, Kiki's daughter by the looks of it." The butcher said.

"Yep, that's right. You wanted some meat cleavers and knives delivered here, are you Bruce Jackson?" Yua asked.

"Yep, that's me, I'm the owner of this place." Bruce answered, as he took the cleavers and knives. Then he signed the receipt on Yua's checkbook. "Thanks for the cleavers and knives, Yua."

"You're welcome, Bruce." Yua said, exiting the meat shop.

But before they could leave, they were called by someone. "Hey!" The voice called. "Hey you!"