Chapter 37 - The End

Start from the beginning

I had to force myself to push through the nerves and get in the shower. When I got out, I quickly did my hair and makeup before slipping into the dress Savanna had bought me for the big day. It was a red strapless dress that clung to my curves nicely. I paired it with black heels and gold earrings. As I was clasping the gold heart necklace around my neck, London knocked on the open door. She was wearing a strapless black pantsuit that was covered in red and pink roses, and a pair of glittery sandals. Her blonde hair was curled, pulled into a messy ponytail with a few strands framing her face.

"Hey," she smiled, helping herself to some pink lipgloss. "Ready to leave tonight?" The private jet was all set up to leave at 11:00 PM, right after the party. Everything was probably already being loaded onto the plane.

"As all ever be," I sighed, hoping I would be able to hold myself together. But this was my sister, of course, she knew something was wrong.

"Is it Ben?" She asked, frowning. "If he tried to talk to you, I swear to god-" I cut her off, holding a finger up to my lips as I moved to close the bathroom door. There were way too many ears in this house.

"About that..."

"Shiloh Quinn, you did not," She crossed her arms over her chest, tapping her foot impatiently. "After all those things he said to you the other night, you're just going to crawl right back?"

"If anything, he did the crawling," I muttered, rolling my eyes. "But look, what I'm about to tell you can't leave this room. We're talking to Savanna and Jason tonight." She must have realized how serious I was being because she quickly held her pinky out to me. I couldn't help but laugh as I looped my finger through hers, both of us kissing our thumbs to complete the pinky promise. "Ben is moving to LA too."

"I thought he was going to Vanderbilt?" She asked, leaning up against the counter. Footsteps echoed through the room as someone ran down the hallway, making me freeze. Just as I was sure someone would burst into the room, the footsteps continued down the hall. I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding.

I shook my head. "UCLA. Jason wanted him to go to Vanderbilt, but he wants to go to UCLA. He's going to get an apartment down there so we can be together." London sighed heavily, her shoulders drooping slightly.

"Are you sure about this, Shi?" She asked. "I know you love him, anybody with eyes could see you two are totally bonkers for each other, but...I just don't want to see you get hurt. Just a few nights ago you said you never wanted to see him again."

"Well, now I'm his girlfriend," I told her, unable to contain the smile that spread across my face. Every time I said that word I burst into the cheesiest grin. Her mouth fell open in shock. "I know, I know, please don't be mad at me."

"Shi, he-"

"Trust me, we've talked it out.  We figured out how to move forward.  I love him, London.  I'm  so happy." I took her hands, hoping it would somehow help her understand.  I was desperate for her approval.

"If you're happy, I'm happy," she finally said with a sigh, pulling me in for a hug. "You deserve it."

"Thank you," I pulled back, releasing her. "So, what about you and that Will kid?  I know you went out a couple of times."  She shrugged casually, turning on her heels to make her way out of my room.

"I'm too young for the long-distance thing.  We said goodbye on the last day of school, and that's that."  If she was upset at all, I couldn't tell.  I followed her as we made our way down the large staircase, hand on the rail. "He wasn't the one anyway.  Besides, I can't wait to get my hands on all the hot Cali boys."  I rolled my eyes, deciding not to comment.  We had finally found our way back to being good sisters, I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize that.