{THE RINGS OF AKHATEN}

"Why're we stalking them again? Because right now, I'm just jealous,"

{----------&----------}

Autumn 1981

A young man is walking down a distinctly British street, he's fiddling with a map, however a brisk breeze is making him struggle with it.

On a bench nearby, there are two figures, one is a man 'reading' the Beano Summer Special 1981, and the other is a blonde woman reading a novel by Amelia Williams. The man drops the magazine from his face and The Doctor is revealed, he nudges his wife, who seems to have forgotten they were spying.

The young man continues to struggle, then suddenly a dead leaf flies into his face, and he staggers in surprise into the path of an oncoming car.

Then an arm pulls him to safety.

"Oh, my stars. Are you all, right?!" It's a brunette woman, and she's holding onto the man's shoulders, worry in her eyes.

"Yeah..."

Months later, the young couple are at a front door in the rain.

"So, I've got something for you..." the male starts

"What?" he reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out the exact same dead leaf that flew into his face "You kept it?"

"Of course I kept it,"

"Why?"

He pauses, like he's rehearsed what he's about to say thousands of times in the mirror "Because this exact leaf had to grow in that exact way in that exact place so that precise wind could tear it from that precise branch and make it fly into this exact face at that exact moment. And if just one of those tiny little things had never happened... I'd never have met you. Which makes this the most important leaf in human history,"

"God, why aren't you this romantic anymore?" Willow and The Doctor are standing nearby - without an umbrella.

"What?!" he turns to his wife, and she laughs, turning away from the now kissing couple

"Why're we stalking them again? Because right now, I'm just jealous,"

The Doctor rolls his eyes and storms off, Willow bites back a smile, he really wasn't in a good mood.

As time passes, the happy couple are blessed with a little girl, who grows up with extremely loving parents.

One day, they're out in a playground and the little girl kicks a football...which hits The Doctor right in the face, and he adopts a defensive martial arts posture.

"What are you doing?" his wife turns to him, then realises what happened when the woman rushes forward, and she laughs - loudly.

"Oh, my stars! Are you all, right?"