Chapter 9: Crying is the best medicine

Zacznij od początku

"Okay and Is Uncle Howard your favourite uncle ?"

"Yes he has been in space. " Leo said sounding mind blown which sent us laughing.

"Well there you go. You are all his favorites. He loves you all. " I said grabbing the phone.

"Are you sure he is Sheldon's child ? He is a little too nice for that. " Georgie said.

"Well I didn't want to say it like this but..."I said taking a pause as they both listened attentively to what I had to say," Of course he is Sheldon's child. Did you really believe there is a chance he isn't ? "

"Of course not Ames. He looks like a replica of a young Sheldon. " Missy said.

"Okay Ames I have to go now but are we all still on for tonight ?" Raj asked.

"Yeah we are. Is Leonard coming ?" I asked.

"That's my name." Leo said enthusiastically like he just found this out recently.

"Yes honey that is your name but I'm talking about Uncle Leonard. " I said smiling .

"I'm sure Penny will make sure he comes. " He said.

"Okay I will see you all here. " I said.

"Okay Ames see you. I'm glad you are here Missy and Georgie. Look after her for us while we aren't there please. " Raj said.

"Of course always. She is always being watched over. " Missy said.

"Thank you for agreeing to come for this all of you. " Georgie said.

"No problem we are always here for Amy and Leo. We will be here every step of the way ."Raj said.

"Thank you to all of you. I couldn't imagine doing this all by myself and I am so glad I don't have to. I will let you get going Raj. See you tonight."I said.

Raj said goodbye then ended the call.

"Come on children you must be starving. I will make you all lunch. " Mary said.

"Food sounds amazing. I hope it cures the betrayal and rejection I feel because of your son Ames. " Georgie said.

"Leo is going to be a heartbreaker so he might as well start with you. " Missy said.

"Let's not get there with him yet.I am good with him now. Georgie food helps with everything . " I said as we made our way to the kitchen.

Mary made us all lunch and I watched Leo eat his food neatly. He was so careful and precise.He ate everything one by one organized in his my mind. I saw so much of Sheldon in him that sometimes I felt like he was here but when I looked at the chair he would sit at by the kitchen counter it would be filled with someone else. It didn't feel the same watching Leo play with his trains without Sheldon. It hurt so much if I thought about it enough that I couldn't breathe.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"You know Leo we are always here for you. Anytime you want to talk about anything that's on your mind or whatever is bothering you we are here. Whether it is kids being mean to you or you are sad. You can tell your mommy or me and if you don't feel comfortable telling us you have such a big family to talk to. There is your meemaw,your aunties:Missy,Penny and Bernadette as well as your uncles: Georgie, Leonard,Howard and Rajesh. So I don't want you to ever feel alone okay ? " Sheldon said as they all sat on the couch.

Leo nodded playing with his blocks on his lap.

"Must I even tell you when it makes me sad to eat mushrooms? " Leo asked.

"Of course especially about mushrooms." Amy said.

"Well I hate mushrooms." He said disgusted just by the name alone.