Chapter 52: The Perfect Sub

Start from the beginning

"Hey," He blocked his face. "You can make someone go blind doing that."

"Doubt it." I glanced to the side of him to see the scarred man with the small blond boy by his side.

"Come on in, and I'll introduce you."

The blond boy grabbed a lantern with a crank and gave it a few quick spins before turning it on and putting it in the middle of the room. I flipped off my flashlight and sat down with Titus on a pile of furs. The couple sat on a raised piece of rock that served as their bed.

"Aden this is Rupert," he motioned to the brown haired man, "and Peter."

I nodded. "Hi."

"Rupert and I grew up together. Peter was born human like you."

"Really?" I tried to hide my excitement from my voice. "Is it weird? The whole shifting thing? Or going from the human world to pack life? What about-"

Titus grabbed me and pulled me into his side. "It's been six years since he was human."

"Oh," I shrugged. "You're used to all this then."

"Yeah," said Peter softly.

I glanced back and forth between the two. "How old were you?"

Titus cleared his throat. "Well it's late, and if I keep Aden up, his mother will not be happy with me in the morning."

"You just as scared of her as your dad," chuckled Rupert.

"Never mess with the in-law," he snapped back, standing and helping me up. "Be lucky you don't have any." He led me from the room and into his.

Taking me to the bed, he stripped off his clothes and laid down. I took off mine, excepted for my underwear, and settled in beside him. He pulled me to his chest. I turned the flashlight on.

Titus groaned dramatically and rolled away. "Turn it off."

"Stop being a baby." I shined it on the ceiling and made hand shadows.

He turned back over.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No," he replied. "Their mating is a bit of a sensitive issue."

"Who old was he?"

"Around fourteen. His father was abusive. The only way Peter could become a member of the pack was by mating with Rupert."

"How old is Rupert?"

"Twenty two."

"That's really young." I made bunny ears and bounced them across the ceiling. "My mom would have sent me to boarding school in Europe, before letting me go at that age.

"Rupert got in trouble for it. Taking a mate is dangerous for someone so young, especially when the person is human."

"Why's that?" I made him hold the flashlight as I tried to make a bird.

"You never know what you're going to get, and a wolf life Peter is rare."

"A sub?" I glanced over at him. "I'm going to be one too."

"I'm 23 though not 16."

I shrugged. "True." I settled for making a butterfly. "Do people try to steal mates?"

Titus draped his arms over my waist. "It happen sometimes. That's why my dad wouldn't allow it. Peter has more sub-like tendencies than you."

"Gez, thanks," I scoffed.

Titus chuckled. "Everyone knew how he was going to turn out."

"Well everyone thinks they know how I'm going to turn out too." I twisted my fingers trying to make a dog's head.