Chapter 21

I twiddled the brand new engagement ring on my finger. After he proposed we talked everything out about literally...everything. We discussed why I was mad at him and we talked about my relapse. He took it surprisingly well...yeah he was upset but he was understandable. To be honest the proposal just prompted is to be incredibly honest with eachother and it felt amazing.

Cut to now and we were both sat in silence while holding hands over the table. I was currently looking out the to see us touching down. "I think we are here sweetness." Buck said out if the blue. I turned to him to see a sweet smile on his face. "Listen I made a call to Ayo and they are coming to take Zemo but I'm gonna talk to him first and whatever I do...I promise I will not hurt him." He craned his neck so he could look me directly in the eyes.

"Alright but I'm coming with you."

"Anything." He squeezed my hand and got up. "M'lady." He held out his hand.

"M'lord." I took his hand and curtsied. We both made our way off of the plane hand in hand and walked to what looked to be a monument. Infront of which stood a man around 5'10 with brown. He looked to be just staring at it. I guess this was dedicated to the people who died from Sokovia because why else was Zemo so adamant to come here.

As we grew closer to Zemo I think he picked up the sound of our footsteps,"I thought you’d be here sooner. Don’t worry. I’ve decided I’m not going to kill you." He said. That's what made me think he heard us because well...he did.

"We are truly relieved." I spoke from my spot. At my voice he quickly spun around and looked at me with a small smile.

"I am glad you made up." He nodded. Then our of nowhere Bucky pulled out a gun and pointed it at the middle of his forehead. "Is this really necessary...Y/n?" He looked at me in a leading way. "Fine, that girl has been radicalized beyond salvation. I warned Sam, but he didn’t listen to me. He’s as stubborn as Steve Rogers before him. But you… They literally programmed you to kill. James, do what needs to be done. Karli has people everywhere, and there’s only one way to make sure she cannot continue her mission." Zemo explained. I think he thought there was no possible way out of that situation so I guess you might as well get others to do your bidding.

"I appreciate the advice. But we’re gonna do it our own way." Bucky then continued to click his gun indicating he was going to shoot.

"Yeah I was afraid you would say that." Zemo chuckled. There was a moment of so to fill that void Zemo stepped forward to press his forehead to the barrel of Bucky's gun.

Then Bucky pressed the trigger and my breath caught in my throat only no bullets came out. Behind me I heard the landing of a spacecraft. I guessed that was the Dora Milaje. When the bullet didn't implant itself in Zemo's skull there was a look of almost...disappointment on his face. "Write to me about the wedding." He said sadly. "Ladies." He allowed his arms to be taken by the women and escorted onto the aircraft.

"We will take him to the Raft… Where he will live out his days. It would be prudent to make yourself scarce in Wakanda for the time being, White Wolf." Ayo said offering us an obviously forced smile."And you Solar." She nodded at me. How she knew my alias was  beyond me but she lived in Wakanda...so it can't be that crazy.

"Fair enough...hey can I ask a favour...we need a new suit...like The Falcon's suit but with Captain America's colours...might aswell match the person to the suit." Bucky asked. I smiled at his request because despite their attitude to eachother they were like brothers.

"Well Shuri has been bored recently so she made suits for everyone...they are in the craft if you would like to pick them up." She gestured to the night tech thing that was behind her...I hadn't really had chance to look at it but now that I was. I was blown away.