Chapter 34

𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢
Almost a hundred years of this. She's had to go through all of the experiments and all of the torture for so long and she was conscious the whole time. She had every right to be broken and angry.

One thing stuck out to me, other than all of her pain. At the end of my dads notes he said she disobeyed him by telling Rogers that she was his daughter. So Steve knew all this time that I had a sister.

I walked back out to the lounge and saw Steve sitting on a couch with his head in his hands. "You knew her too right?" I asked.

"Yeah, when I met her she worked for you dad." He answered. "She didn't seem like a normal woman but she wasn't this broken back then." He sighed.

"What's her full name?" I asked getting frustrated.

"Y/n Martin, why?" He responded.

"I just read her record in my dads file. Says she's his daughter." I told him. He looked at me silent. "Did you know?"

"I knew her as you dads assist-"he began before I cut him off.

"Did. You. Know." I snarled.

"Yes." He answers reluctantly. "She told me when she was given me as an assignment on the base."

"You didn't think to tell me?" I yelled. "All these years I've had a sister and you didn't think that'd be important information to tell me?!"

"I didn't think it was my place Tony." He told me.

"Cut the crap!" I shouted. "Do you have any idea what my father put her through?"

"She didn't tell me much but he seemed harsh on her a lot." He quietly answered. "He just about broke her nose for trying to join my team."

I stayed silent for a moment. You could feel the tension in the room build as I got angrier.

"Does she know your dads gone?" He asked. "Did you tell her how he died yet?"

"She made the damn order, Cap." I huffed. "They gained her trust so she could order the kill, then guess what? They forced her to have more of that serum, turned her into an experiment all over again."

"I didn't know she was an experiment Tony." He explained. "I knew about what your dad did to her but nothing more than that. I had no idea Hydra had her. I thought she died, just like Bucky."

"You told my dad you knew then right? You told him his daughter died?" I asked and he nodded his head. "What did he say?"

"Tony, I don't think you wanna-" he began.

"Just tell me what he said." I sighed.

"He said that she failed. She didn't keep the secret, she went rogue, then died." He let out. "He told me never to speak of her again."

There was a silence between us. "You should've told me." I sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry."

I sat in deep thought about what I just discovered. He's supposed to be my best friend and he kept her a secret from me. My dad never told me.

Suddenly the lights went out. Steve and I looked at each other immediately. "Y/n." I told him as we began running towards the training room.