𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 // 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭.

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Something inexplicable, something beautiful, something just ... there.

This time, Y/N actually made an audible noise of frustration, ignoring the confused glances of the two boys as she resisted the urge to smack herself back to reality. 

We are hunting demons, literal demons, this is not the time for intrusive thoughts.

"How long should we hunt for? 'Til the sun comes up?"

She was half-joking, but Sabito nodded seriously, gripping the handle of his blade so tightly his knuckles faded to a ghostly white. "Maybe. I want to get rid of them all."

Y/N's run slowed, forcing him and Giyuu to match her pace, until she actually stopped, her e/c eyes locked onto Sabito's and not letting him look away. "Every demon? You want to get rid of every demon?"

A beat.

Like a heartbeat, but stuttering, uncertain, as though a single whisper could shatter its momentum. 

"Yes," the pink-haired boy finally whispered back, finding the ability to somehow break off the stare, twirling the thick red string of his mask around his finger in the nervous ability that Y/N had noticed. "Because I want to keep people safe, okay? Because I don't want ..."

His fingers diverged from their path, slowly rising up to his right cheek and brushing across the mark there, the scar that's 'healed' but will never truly heal. 

"Because I don't want anyone to go through what I went through."

Y/N fixed him with a look unreadable to even herself, not unaware of Giyuu's dark eyes flicking worriedly between the two childhood friends, staring each other down. Finally, it was her turn to look away, the tiniest of smiles upturning her lips as she fully unsheathed her nichirin sword, resting its blade on her shoulder and staring straight ahead.

"Then I'll kill every single one of those demons with you."

A tiny part of the somewhat frigidity that had formed like a barrier between them after they'd realised their past melted away, just as easily as shadows in sunlight, as Sabito looked the girl up and down with admiration and, dare she say, affection. Though he motioned for them to start moving again, his eyes sliding forwards, her stomach flipped as last words escaped his mouth before their exertion swallowed up their conversation. 

"I'd rather do it by your side, anyways."

However, there was, as Y/N had infuriatingly pointed out earlier, no time for conversation, and the second demon ambush of the night interrupted their heartfelt exchange in the shape of two monstrous forms springing from the darkness with horrendous screeches.

This time, it was Giyuu who leapt into action, his breathing totally measured as he swung his sword in a shining arc of silver, decapitating the first demon in an easy cut from neck to shoulder. Y/N and Sabito took care of the second, the flick of their blades crossing each other sending literal sparks flying over the demon, who didn't have time to register anything as two seperate slashes sent his head and a sliver of his neck flying.

Y/N frowned down at the mess at her feet, stepping away from the disintegrating corpse with evident disgust. "Huh. Thanks, Sabito, but I had that one."

He gaped at her like a fish out of water, her most recent words flying through his head. Then I'll kill every single one of those demons with you. "H-hey! I finished him!"

"Hmm," she hummed, wiping the mess on her blade off onto her haori. "Pretty sure that was me, but okay."

"Like I said before," Giyuu interrupted their conversation, his gaze trained upwards at the slowly fading stars. "You two are both so dumb."

𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀 | 𝐬𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐨जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें