Big Time Babysitting (3.8)

"Gustavo, we can't babysit Babylace. He's famous for trashing hotels," Carlos said as Kelly took the aforementioned rock star to the bathroom.

"Yeah, and not just hotel rooms, entire hotels!" James exclaimed.

"Yeah, he's also being inducted at the Hall of Rock awards, tonight, which means Kelly and I have to go down to the theatre and make sure that his dressing room is perfect, or I'm going to end up like his last three producers. FIRED!" Gustavo yelled and the boys flinched.

"OK, but I need to spend the day with Jo because things are kinda awkward, we're back together, but she was gone for so long and I'm sensing-"

"STOP YOUR BOY TALK!" Gustavo shouted at Kendall, cutting him off and making the boys flinch. "It's going to take all of you to keep him alive and get him to the theatre by 5."

"And here's his medical kit," Kelly grunted as she shoved the large red bag into Logan's arms. "In case his heart stops. Again."

Their eyes widened in horror.

"Ok, wait, what's wrong with his heart?" Logan asked.

"Nothing!" Came Babylace's voice as he emerged from the bathroom and ripped a guitar off the wall. "I've got the heart of a lion, who is prone to heart attacks."

"Ok, where is Gwen!?" James yelled worriedly.

"Oh, no, no, no, you're not dragging Gwenny into this mess," Gustavo said with a pointed finger. "She's got to manage the studio while we're gone."

The boys punched the air in frustration.

"But," Kelly said as she got their attention. "She'll be on call if you guys need help but only if it's an emergency."

"We promise."

******************************************************************

Gwen's first phone call came almost an hour after the boys returned to the Palmwoods. They may not have been the ones to call her, but their actions were the reason for the call, specifically Kendall's actions.

"I'm sorry, Kendall called you what now?"

"Lucy. He called me Lucy," Jo replied.

"Oh, he's in so much trouble," Gwen said.

"But what do I do about it?"

"You did nothing wrong. You don't do anything. Kendall is the one that needs to make up for it. I mean he called you his ex-girlfriend's name, I'm pretty sure that warrants an apology."

"And if he doesn't apologise?"

"Then Camille and I will destroy him."

Jo chuckled and Gwen grinned, glad to hear her friend laugh and smile.

"Won't your dad be disappointed that he lost a member of his boyband?"

"Not if I tell him that Kendall hurt me. He'd kill anyone who hurts me."

"Thanks, Gwen."

"My pleasure."

But just as she hung up, her phone rang again and the name on the screen sent anger coursing through her veins.

"Kendall Knight, I have a bone to pick with you," she growled as she answered his call.

"Jo told you huh?" he asked nervously.

"Of course she told me! Kendall, you called her Lucy. And she's already feeling insecure about your whole relationship after walking in on you guys kissing. You screwed up."

"So tell me what I can do to fix it. Please, Gwen, I need your help."

Gwen sighed tiredly.

"Do what you do best idiot!"

"Which is what?"

"SING!"

"Ohhh."

"Sing her a love song. And if you screw this up, I swear to god Kendall, you'll be dealing with me and Camille."

"I promise. Thank you, Gwen."

But the second she hung up, her phone rang again.

"What do you need Katie?" she asked as she held her phone to her hear with her shoulder as she signed a form given to her before directing two guys installing their new soundboard.

"Are you ok? You don't sound happy."

"I'm tired, Kates. And stressed. Because it's very hard to redo a studio and help other people with their problems at the same time, so just hurry up and tell me what you need so I can go back to work."

"Well I was going to complain about your boyfriend and Carlos babysitting me even though I'm old enough to look after myself, but it's fine now. We're doing puzzles."

"That's great Kates, but did you need something?"

"No, but you need something."

There was the sound of the phone being passed before a different voice graced Gwen's ear.

"Hi honey, how are you?" James asked playfully and Gwen sighed, it was really good to hear his voice.

"Stressed, hockey head. And tired. First, the cable guy installed the wrong cables. Then they installed the right cables in the wrong studio. Then they ordered in the wrong soundboard. And then the coffee machine broke. And everyone keeps calling me to deal with their problems and it's too much!"

On the other side of the phone, James stood up from the sofa and moved into the bathroom for a bit more privacy as he said, "Gwen, just take a deep breath."

Gwen huffed.

"Slower," James said pointedly, and Gwen took a slow breath in and then out. "Good. Again."

Gwen complied as she listened to her boyfriend's voice and tried to calm herself down.

"Baby, you've got this. And it's only for a little bit longer until you get to the Hall of Rock and we'll dance and relax and have some fun. And I'll be waiting with a big hug for you."

Gwen exhaled as the corners of her lips tilted.

"That does sound nice."

"Uh, huh. Just hang on a little longer. I know you can do it."

"I love you."

And Gwen could just picture the massive smile that would've adorned James' face as she said those words.

"I love you too. I'll see you soon."

"Bye."