"I guess it doesn't hurt to ask," she gives in and opens her phone to call Jared.

Jared is shocked that we'd want to take the boys, but he also thinks they'll enjoy the show, and he agrees to watch Charlie.

They're here by 6pm so we can explain Charlie's nighttime routine even though she'll be asleep fairly soon anyway, and luckily the boys had dinner before they came so we can get right to the venue.

"So boys, do you remember who Niall is?" I ask them, glancing to the rearview mirror to see them.

"He sings that nice to meet you song!" Mason says with a smile, proud of himself for knowing something music related.

"No Mason, that's not what he meant," Jamie says quietly to his brother.

"What did he mean? Because I know I was right. I was right, right?"

"Yes, Mason," Jamie sighs and I notice him roll his eyes when he looks away from Mason.

"Niall was in One Direction," Jamie says, very cocky like he knows everything there is to know about music.

"That's correct," Em and I hide our laughter at the situation.

I play some of his songs on the car ride to the venue, and we get there right on time. I park in the underground garage so we can enter through backstage and be escorted to our "VIP" seats.

I feel Jamie squeeze my hand that he's been holding as we walk through the venue.

"Are you okay?" I look down at Jamie as I pull him along to our seats.

"There are a lot of people here," he winces.

Shit, I should have thought about that.

"I'm sorry buddy," Jamie climbs onto my lap instead of his seat between Mason and I. "What can I do to help?"

"Um," his eyes dart around for a few seconds.

"Would it help if I got you some headphones to wear? They'll block out some of the sound, so you'll still be able to hear but the crowd will be quieter," I ask him, and he nods.

"Okay, stay here with Aunt Emma and Mason. I'll be right back," I set Jamie in his seat and tell Em where I'm going.

When I get back, Jamie is sat on Em's lap and the opening act is about to start. I got two pairs of headphones in case Mason wanted one, but he seems fine without. I feel bad that I didn't prepare better. I hope Jamie can still enjoy the concert.

"Hey, Jamie. I got the headphones. Mason, do you want to use them too? It will make everything quieter, so your ears don't hurt," I explain and help Jamie put the headphones on.

"No, I like it loud!" he yells with a huge grin across his face.

"Okay," I chuckle, "They're here if you want them."

"Woah!" Mason's jaw drops at the sound of the opener's impressive guitar riff. "I want to learn how to do that! Uncle Harry, will you teach me? Please? I want to do music things like you and Jamie."

"You do? I can teach you when your hands get bigger, and if you guys like this show I'll take you to more," I tell him and I see Em side eye me. I've really been trying to cut back on spending money on the boys, it's just so hard not to. I love giving gifts so when I see something like a super cool Lego set at the store that I know they would love, Em has to talk me out of getting it because "gifts like that are for special occasions." I don't think a few concerts is bad though. It's an experience that could open up a new interest, not a toy they'll grow sick of after two weeks.