three.

You squealed when you felt a tug at the back of your uniform collar. Squeezing the bag of chocolate in your hands, red hearts printed on the plastic and decorated with a pretty bow, you held the bag close to your chest and turned around to find an impatient Jeongin with his arms crossed before you. His feet tapped against the floor, loud and deafening even in the crowded hallway of screaming teenagers.

Everyone was still excited about either sending or receiving valentine gifts. There were shouts and coos and teases around every corner. The only thing that covered the school today was dumb teenage spirits, that was it.

"The chocolate is still with you!" He exclaimed in an attempted hush after he was done being dramatic and tapping his feet on the floor. He relaxed when you shrunk your shoulders and hid your face behind the plastic bag, hiding away from him. "When are you going to give it to Hyunjin?"

"I have decided to give it to him when school ends!" You excused, a trembling index finger pointing at the ceiling while your eyes darted everywhere nervously.

Jeongin rolled his eyes, feeling slightly fed up.

You told him you were going to give the homemade chocolate to Hyunjin during the first recess because hiding it in his locker felt invading and ordinary. He decided to run with your decision; he had no reason to doubt that you weren't just way too nervous to give out Valentine chocolate first thing in the morning. Everyone was too groggy anyway. It made sense to hand the gift in during recess instead.

First recess rolled over and he found you stuck at your seat in the classroom. When he asked you about it, you told him you would give Hyunjin the chocolate during the second recess because you needed some time to study for the three quizzes you obviously have in all three of your classes consecutively. You were nervous, he could see that, you just wouldn't admit it. That was fine, he decided to roll with it as well.

Second recess came by and he caught you sulking at your desk. You had a valid reason this time. You told him some girl in the other class confessed with some homemade chocolate as well but got rejected, and you uncontrollably projected your fate into her scenario that the anxiety began building up inside you all over again. You kicked Jeongin under the table when he told you Hyunjin was going to reject you anyway, and you promised him you would confess during lunchtime.

He did not see you the entire lunch. You got him a little scared there. Not because he thought there was a possibility that Hyunjin would accept your confession but because he wasn't sure if you would be sad enough to cry alone at some corner of the school after getting rejected. Climbing stairs and running through hallways just to find a glimpse of your silhouette, he got himself all sweaty by the time the class bell rang and he was forced to abandon his search party.

And then here, at the end of school, where he found you creeping past the locker area with a bag of chocolate—that god-forsaken bag of chocolate—in your hands.

"Okay, so let's go," he said, gesturing at you. "Let's go give it to him now."

"Oh–woah–wait!" You dragged yourself to the opposite direction to where Jeongin was pulling you toward, presumably trying to get you to the flight of stairs that could bring you to the senior's floor. "What am I supposed to say? I haven't thought about that yet!"

"You had the whole day yesterday and today to think about what to say!" He exclaimed with disbelieving eyes, but you could tell he was more frustrated despite not having a reason to be. "Can't you just confess like a normal person? Tell him you like him and move on!"

"Of course not! What are you, crazy?" You smacked his arm with the bag of chocolate before immediately grimacing and holding it close to your chest, holding you didn't damage anything inside.