2.9 𝙞 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

PHILLIPS' P

PHILLIPS' P.O.V
November 15th, 1963
I was helping Y/n with practicing for the winter show. It was on the second of December which was in three weeks. And to my surprise, Y/n was more than ready for it, she was a really good singer and she can easily memorize the songs. I am a bit jealous but since I didn't really want to go into becoming a singer, it didn't bother me that much.

"Perfect Y/n. Your voice is as beautiful as ever." Ms.Alice complimented her. "Thank you!" Y/n smiled to her. "Just a few more weeks then you'll get your vocal mark." Ms.Alice told Y/n as she nodded.

"Alright well, we're done for the day, oh but I'll need you to stay behind for a bit." Ms.Alice grabbed some papers and headed out the class. "Finally it's almost finished." Y/n cheered.

"Yeah, I'll finally get my Fridays free again." I joked but I guess I didn't sound like it because Y/n apologized. "No no, I'm joking, I'm glad I get to help you."

"Oh okay. Thank you again, you didn't have to help me but you still are, you're really my greatest friend." I smiled at her. "No worries! Oh uh... Y/n, can I tell you something?" She nodded but before I got the chance Ms.Alice walked in with Jessica behind her.

Jessica was wearing her tennis uniform as she finished practice. "Ms.Alice, what are they doing here?" She didn't act as bratty towards us when we don't have a teacher but you can still here the disgust in her voice.

"Yeah, what is she doing here?" I snapped back, a bit harsher. "Jessica will be performing a solo at the winter show and I want to make it a duo with Y/n." Ms.Alice announced. "What!?" Y/n and Jessica asked.

"Ms.Alice, I thought you said I would just be in the back?" Y/n asked, her eyes widened. "I know, I know, but please just trust me on this. There's just- I want to help you achieve your goal and this winter show will help you a lot." She sighed.

"As always, if you're uncomfortable and wouldn't want to, please just tell me, you'll be back to being in the back. But please please please consider it. There's something special I have planned for you three."

"Ms.Alice, but I'm the best singer in the choir, Y/n isn't even in it. She doesn't know anything." Jessica argued. "She does know it, even your solo. I had her practice the solo so she can be a duo."

"But this isn't fair! I worked hard for the solo." She whined. "It is. She worked just as you. Besides having both of you will make the much better." Ms.Alice told her. Jessica couldn't argue with the teacher so she let it go, but she still gave Y/n an evil glare.

"Oh and Phillips, I want you to do the piano solo in the beginning instead of me. Is that fine with you." While practicing with Y/n, I also practiced the piano, which seemed to have caught Ms.Alice's attention. "Sure, but would I still have to be a part of the choir?"