[ 21 ] ▷ troubles

uhhh ... so hey yall I've been dead for like 5 years :)

please enjoy this chapter I've been working on for the past 5 years LMAOOOOOO I'm so sorry life sucks :/ I love you guys more than words <3

P.S., enjoy the barty fluff ;)
___________________________

THE rain tapped lightly on the window of the tall penthouse hotel that America's golden boy and his two stooges were staying at. The grey skies above seemingly weeped on the walking bystanders below, letting the waters wash their own sorrows away.

Artemis was wrapped in a cream-colored knit blanket in front of the large glass window, watching the droplets of water rush down. She missed Brexa, more than she'd like to admit. She was worried, and she blamed herself for agreeing to even go out that night. She let out an exasperated sigh, and then sensed a presence behind her.

She turned around and smiled when she saw James Buchanan Barnes, in all of his glorious beauty, leaning against the kitchen counter. "Hey, doll," He greeted, a smile of his own lighting up his features. With a low grunt, he pushed himself off of the counter and began walking toward Artemis, who was sitting comfortably on a loveseat sofa.

His actions made her heart skip a beat, in a good way.

She scooted herself over enough for him to take a seat beside her, and when he did, all she felt was the immediate warmth that she's missed for so long. He opened up his arms awkwardly, beckoning for her to cuddle into his chest.

Artemis looked at him with raised eyebrows and a smirk. "Use your words, honey," she sassed, and he sheepishly grinned and cleared his throat. "Come lay on me and keep me warm, please." He said, and she grinned. "That's all you had to say." With that, she cuddled into his chest and continued to watch the rainfall outside.

It was nice to have felt physical touch after being alone for so long.

His flesh arm wrapped itself around her torso as he pulled her closer, his finger starting to rub calming circles on her back. She breathed him in, he smelled faintly of coffee and an earthy cologne. She smiled. "Since when did you start wearing cologne?" He chuckled and his fingers found his way into her hair, twirling a strand in his fingers. "Since I figured my lover didn't enjoy smelling sweat and blood all the time." He said.

At that, Artemis bit her lip to hide the hideous laugh that was soon to escape her lips. "So who's this lover you're smelling so good for?" She inquired, and he gazed down at her with a 'really' look. "Well, she's the craziest woman I know, that's for sure," He started. "She has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen, I could get lost in them any day. She has the most beautiful soul, even though she won't believe it when I say it." He lifted her face up to meet his, and her eyes trailed from the thin pieces of hair that fell from his bun into his eyes, down to his pink lips.

"And she smells just like warm vanilla," He said, his own eyes finding their way down to her lips. "Her lips are as soft as a cloud," At this point, their noses were touching. Artemis's breath was getting heavier and heavier by the second. It felt like there were 10,000 butterflies fluttering around in her stomach.

"She sounds like a keeper," She whispered against his lips. He smiled, and leaned forward to close the gap. This kiss was warm, one like they haven't shared before. Artemis has had kisses like this before, and they lead to... bad things... bad things but good things.