3

It has now been a while since I started the tradition of bringing Nanami a drink. We still do not talk that much but he has opened up to me slightly and that's what matters most to me. We occasionally chat about weather or whatever little subject we can get into before we both have to part ways and go to work.

Today as I wake up and go through the usual routine. I get ready, go to the cafe, get Nanami a drink, and then be on my way to work. However, when I went to meet up with Nanami I noticed he wasn't there. In his place was Gojo who waved to me and smiled.

"Hi Y/n~!" Gojo said enthusiastically, "Nanami had an important mission today so he had to leave extra early. He wanted me to tell you, so you wouldn't be waiting around for him."

I just smiled sadly and looked at the drink. "Ah, alright. Thanks for letting me know, Gojo."

"Well, maybe if you finish work early you can catch him before he leaves! You know how he is about overtime so you should know exactly when he will be back!" Gojo said and then giggled slightly, "If everything goes well maybe he can even drive you home~!"

I turn bright red and playfully hit Gojo with my free hand. "S-Shut up! Gosh, it won't be anything like that!"

Gojo softly hit you back as well, "Make me."

You just groaned and handed him the coffee that was supposed to be for Nanami. "Here, this should be able to hold your attention for a bit. It was nice chatting with you but I have to go and actually work now," you slightly sass him as you walk away. You didn't mean to be overly rude so as you walk away you hope he knew you were just playing around slightly. However all you could hear was him slightly laughing as you were walking away. You had no clue what he was laughing at.

~Later that day~

It was nearing close the time Nanami was supposed to be coming back from his mission. You knew he went with Yuji so you hoped that nothing serious had happened. Since you had a small window of time before he should be back you decided to go out and get him a drink. Sadly the only place that you could make it to in time sold extremely fruity cold drinks. You knew Nanami wasn't the fondest of these types of drinks, but you hoped maybe he would want something to cool him off after a long day at work.

You found a bench to sit by and waited for him. You kept on periodically check your phone. Time kept on passing by. It was soon 6PM, the time he was suppose to arrive. Then time passed some more. You were now growing a bit worried. Maybe he just went straight home? No, that can't be. Before you came out here to wait Gojo mentioned that he had to discuss something with Nanami so he was SURE to come back. Yet, he wasn't here. You knew how he felt about having to work overtime it was surprising to you that he would be so late.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when you felt a presence next to you on the bench. You looked over to see Gojo. He only gave you a reassuring smile and said nothing, he could probably tell you were nervous. You both waited in silence, not saying a word to each other. A few minutes had passed and you were about to say something until you saw Nanami returning with Yuji. Yuji looked pretty happy, but Nanami on the other hand looked a bit upset. You smiled and got up to greet him. You hoped that the drink would cheer him up. Yuji walked past you and briefly chatted with Gojo before leaving to go to his dorm.

"Hi Nanami!  I heard you had a special mission today, I hope it went well! I wasn't able to get coffee, so I had to get this drink instead. I, uh, hope you don't mind." I say nervously and hand over the drink to Nanami.

Nanami looked tired as he took the drink, "Thanks," he said coldly. He must have been really upset about working overtime. He took a sip of the drink and made a face, it was clear he did not like it.