♡ In The Owlery ♡

Characters = Bokuto (5th year Gryffindor), Akaashi (4th Year Ravenclaw) + Pochi (Akaashi's owl)

Plot = Bokuto is up in the Owlery when his gorgeous crush, Keiji Akaashi, walks in.

(*°▽°*)

Bokuto's skin was warm with the gentle caressing of Spring sunshine. His head tipped back, black-and-white hair squashed against the stone archway of the window, as his eyelids fell heavy and low over his yellow gaze. He felt at peace in the Owlery, curled up in the window, overlooking the grounds, with a choir of owls chirping behind him.

He escaped to this place high in Hogwarts Castle whenever he felt overwhelmed by his homework, Quidditch, or even just the random thoughts that floated through his head every hour. The company of his feathery friends was calming, and they had accepted him as one of their own a long time ago.

In particular there was one owl he'd fallen in love with; it wasn't very big but it wasn't too small either, and it had the most beautiful shade of dark-reddish-brown feathers peppered with black, brown and white. It also had pretty white markings around its yellow eyes and unfairly long eyelashes for an owl. It had taken a strong liking to Bokuto, and always came when he was there. He had no idea who it belonged to, though.

It fluttered up to the window just then, gaze meeting the lazy eyes of Bokuto, and the Gryffindor perked up. He shifted in his seat, pushing himself upwards, and reached out an arm so the owl could perch there. It did, carefully wrapping its clawed feet around his sturdy forearm, and settled comfortably against him as he brought his arm back to his chest, bringing his other hand up to gently stroke the soft feathers on the crown of the owl's head.

His eyelids soon fell heavy once more, and his brain felt fuzzy. It was only afternoon, but Bokuto was already drowsy - he must be having one of his episodes again. The warmth of the owl only made him more comfortable on the window ledge, and he happily surrendered to the feeling - it beat traipsing back downstairs and trying to pretend he was absolutely fine.

He presently found himself dozing off, and didn't hear the footsteps tapping outside the Owlery, nor the sudden voice saying, "Pochi."

It wasn't until the owl on his arm suddenly took off, accidently scratching him and leaving him cold, that he jerked awake.

He still felt a little sleepy, but he blinked the doziness from his eyes and slipped his legs back onto the floor of the Owlery, glancing up to find someone standing before him.

Their arm was outstretched and the owl was resting there, patiently still as a scroll was attached to its leg.

Bokuto traced the arm up to the person's face and felt his stomach drop before exploding into butterflies. Keiji Akaashi.

The fourth year looked just as beautiful in the Owlery, the soft sunlight from the window very generous on his perfect features, making them more appealing somehow - Bokuto hadn't thought that was even possible.

He looked like he belonged there though - bathed in a warm, rosy glow and surrounded by feathers falling like snow - which surprised Bokuto. He didn't think someone as perfect as Akaashi could look right in a messy place like the Owlery. He made the setting almost ethereal.

Akaashi then looked up at him, and Bokuto realised he had been staring, causing him to freeze and clamp his mouth shut. But he still couldn't look away.