Chapter 28: A step closer

Start from the beginning

I: Ms Mishti, aapko humare saath police station ana hoga. We need to check all the possible angles.
She simply nodded and left with the police and Kartik by her side.

After few hours of questions and answers, there was still no trace of Abir. The police were trying their best. It was almost evening.
The inspector warned them to be careful and Naman was the first person on their radar.
Mishti and Kartik left and they walked back to their apartments.

They stopped over a tea stall. Mishti immediately remembered their tea date and a faint smile came on her lips.
Kartik ordered two cups and called Naira to provide her the days inputs.
Meanwhile Mishti remembered their small tea date.

Flashback 2
It was exam time. Mishti was freaking out. She could neither sleep, nor study. Abir was trying to calm her down, but no use.
A:chalo mere sath
M: kaha?
A: muje trust karti ho ?
M:(smacking his shoulder) u duffer, yeh kaise sawaal ha?
A: toh phir chalo

They walked till they reached the tea stall.
A: kaka, 2 special cutting masala chai, adrak wali
The person smiled and nodded.
M: thank u Abir
A: oh oh.. ms Maheshwari..kitni bahar kaha ha.. no thanks.. agar thanks kehna ha toh.. u know.. I am absolutely..
M: (cutting him) absolutely a drameebaz.. but ab kya karo main.. iss drameebaz ko apne dil de diya..

Abir pretended to be angry, huffed and crossed his arms on his chest.
M: oh oh lagta ha koi bura man gaya..
A: I am not talking to u!
M: accha kab tak ?
A: Mishti..
M: Abir
A: Mishti..

Mishti laughed at his cute face and ruffled his silky hair, earning a glare from him.
A: don't na! Tum mera cool sa hairstyle kharab mat karo..
M: main toh karungi! Haq se and one more time she ruffled his hair.

Abir quickly caught hold of her hands, locking them on her back.
A: don't mess with me ha.. u ll have to face some serious punishment ha..
M: oh oh chodo Abir.. tum aur tumhari punishment..
A: mind u Mishti...
She a saw a glint of mischief in his eyes. She knew he was teasing her, but his eyes had pure love and desire for her.

Soon their order arrived, both sipped hot tea and chatted casually. They were best friends, lovers and each other's solace.
Mishti felt much better, after their short tea date. She revised some portions and slept, thanking Abir mentally.

Present:
The stall owners voice bought Mishti back from her thoughts. She missed him. She needed him, right now,beside her, she wanted to hide herself in his arms, the place which gave her all the comfort of the world.

K: kya lagta ha tumhe Mishti?
M: pata nhi bff
K: toh ab?
M: muje lagta ha ki hume apni taraf se bhi Abir ko dundna chahiye.. matlab.. aap samaj rahe ha na?
K: haa lekin hum kya aur kaise karenge ?
M: wahi toh..

Suddenly Mishti averted her gaze and she saw two goon type people, gazing at  her. She conveyed Kartik through her eyes that they are being watched.
Kartik got extra alert.
Quickly they sipped their tea and started to walk back, not letting them know.

As they were walking back, they saw huge crowds at the bus stand.
M: yaha kya ho raha ha?
K: pata nahi.. chalo dekhte ha.
They went closer and found out that their was probably a wedding happening and the people were getting in the bus. They guessed it as the bus was decorated that way.

Mishti saw one elderly lady sitting on the bus and asked her:
Kaki yeh bus kaha jaa rahi ha?
L: Aaray beta, kal shaddi ha toh hum sab waha jaa rahe ha..
M: accha theek ha..
Suddenly her eyes drifted to the board stuck on the side of the bus.
It was heart shaped cut out with letters. "M" and "A" written on it, with glittering.

She couldn't resist and again asked the lady:
Kaki kiski shaddi ha?
L: Mona aur Abhay ki.. Mona ki shaddi ha.. hum sab Rajkot jaa rahe ha..

Suddenly some realisations stuck up on Mishti.
" Rajkot" , M and A.. shaddi.. bus.. Abir..
She screamed his name as an inaudible whisper...
Her heart gave the signal that she should board this bus. It would lead her to Abir. She was having a strong intuition and those signs made it stronger.

M: bff, chaliye
K: kaha?
M: hume yeh bus main baithna hoga
K: what ?
M: Aaray muje lagta ha ki Abir Rajkot main ha.. mera dil keh raha ha.. please..
K: lekin ?
M: can't we trust my instinct ? Once last time please ?

Kartik thought for a while and then agreed.
Immediately they boarded the bus.
K: (in his mind) Krishna ji please.. iss bar in dono ko mila dena.. meri Mishti ka dil na toote
Mishti leaned on the window and thought : " aa rahi hoo main Abir.. tumahri Mishti tumhe lene aa rahi ha.."
Bas thoda time aur..

She absolutely had no idea where she would find him, but her love, determination and her beloved Kanhaji were there with her, at every step.
With a new hope in her heart to find Abir, she closed her eyes, as she was tired of crying and now she only wished to see him, her ajeeb rajvansh,all safe and sound.

Precap: Danger looming over Mishbir

Hii guys! I hope you did not find this update boring. The power of love is very strong and that s what I want to portray.
This update is sort of a filler chapter. So the next one s will be more interesting.
Stay tuned. Keep voting, loving and support this story.

Lastly wishing a very happy birthday to our gorgeous Rhea Sharma! ❣️

Love you all
Amayra💞