Panic

Needless to say, he was annoyed. In the short time span of 3 mere hours, his top student had gone missing, the school had fallen into complete and utter disarray, and the key to Harry Potter's success in the up-and-coming war had been left for dead by the incompetent ministry.
Dumbledore sighed as he thought about all that had gone on in the past week.
><><><><><><><><><><><><
   When Viktor came up from the ominous lake without Hermione, he was, in simpler, more crude terms, losing his shit. After he had not found Hermione with the other hostages, he had searched for the better part of hour all throughout the lake, only for his efforts to be for naught. Finally accepting that she wasn't anywhere in the lake, he swam up to the surface, and distransfigured (lmao my phone tried to autocorrect to cheeseburgers) himself. The second he was himself again, he was bombarded with questions from the professors, judges, paparazzi, and even Hermione's closest friends. And through all of the panic, with a frown aimed towards his best friend Aleksi, all he could say was, "She's gone.", before he lost consciousness and was carried towards the hospital wing.
><><><><><><><><><><><><
   After Viktor passed out, the docks descended into chaos. People were yelling, screaming, crying. One particular red-headed girl, was attempting to stun Igor Karkaroff so she could dive into the water to find her friend. The ditzy blonde who had been previously next to her, on the other hand, had ALREADY dived into the water, and was currently holding court with a group of mer per use of the bubble-head charm.
One Harry Potter had ,unfortunately, decided that the best thing to do in the situation was to yell at a rather annoyed Draco Malfoy. Even the usually level-headed Dumbledore had met his wits end and had begun to cast a mass stunner, to silence the rioting crowd. But before he could, a furious, loudly dressed house elf, had placed a temporary block on his magic, all the while shrilly screaming, "YOU SHALL NOT HARM THE FRIENDS OF HERMIONE GRANGER!". Because believe it or not, he was very fond new hat and scarf supplier.
While he was thankful and loved Harry for freeing him, that was where he stopped. As Harry had not attempted to help his fellow abused House Elves, he had stood idle by while his new adoptive sister Winky was getting punished unjustly, and he had not tried to defend Missy Granger from the mean Weaselbee. And so Hermione was now his favorite, alongside Missy Luna for giving him the lovely cork necklaces.