That Good Old Fashion Romance Movie Montage (Reprise)

Start from the beginning

"Yes Kei I want to continue." I say and we do.

This sex is gonna feel so fucking good.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

December 31 and January 1

Tsuksihima POV

20 (Second Year at Uni)

New Year

We're at Tadashi and Yachi's shared dorm. They got into a relationship a month after they moved in together but Yachi realized she was lesbian. 

You'd think a situation like this would create a wedge between them but nothing's changed. They are still close friends and just joke about it now.

We four decided to celebrate New Years together in a calmer setting. With Tadashi and Yachi's anxiousness around large crowds most of the time, Y/n's problem with bars reminding her of the dinner and my thing with large sounds and all four of our introverted-ness, we decided a quiet night with just the four of us would be a good start to the new year.

We're sitting down on the couch and eating pizza and drinking some cheap wine. 

I check my phone before I choke on my wine.

"Happy new year. It's half past midnight." I say and everyones eyes widen.

"Oh. Happy new year." The rest of them say. I lean to Y/n and peck her lips.

"Happy new year my love."

"Happy new year Y/n."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

March 26

Y/n POV

19 (Third Year at Uni)

Dad and nightmares and Kei

'Y/n! Y/n! Where are you?"

Black pitch black. The air is hot and thick and it's hard to breath. I'm little. I'm 10 again.

"D-Daddy?" I whimper out as I wander through the thick black space.

"Y/n HELP ME!" Dad calls out, a pained tone in his voice as I hear him gasp for air and the sounds of glass breaking and straggled breaths.

"DADDY WHERE ARE YOU?" I scream. Where is he? I try and walk but my legs won't move. That's when I see it.

Dad driving, his care slipping on a wet road caused by rain, his car crashing into an electrical pole, the glass of the window shattering and shards of it entering his neck.

"DADDY NO!" I try and reach out but its' hopeless. My Dad looks back at me, his eyes half lidded.

"H-help me sweetie." He whispers before he shuts his eyes and jerks about, trying to breath.

───

"DAD NO!" I scream and sit up. I look around my room before I feel my eyes glaze over with tears. 

I feel feel the bed shift and the lamp turns on.

"Y/n?" Kei asks sleepily as he sits up and grabs his glasses.

"Kei. It was so scary." I whimper out as I crawl into his touch. He holds me against his chest and moves us side to side as I let out choked sobs.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asks and I nod. "I see." He says. "There, there." He's always been bad and comforting people. 

"It's okay I'm here." Kei says and he kisses my forehead.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks.

"No. Just hold me Kei." 

"You know I'll be here as long as you need me to." He whispers.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

May 7

Tsukishima POV

22 (Uni Graduate)

A crappy studio apartment in Sendai.

Y/n and I finish tapping up the last box. We found a nicer apartment near the Sendai History Museum, where I works, and the Sendai Art Gallery, where she works. It's three blocks away so we won't need a car. So we moved out of the studio apartment. It now is being rented out by a new couple who are starting university.

Its bittersweet. We lived here for four years. We grew and evolved in this apartment. Well room adorned with a bed and a kitchen.

"I cannot believe we are moving." Y/n sighs as she bends back up, stretching her back, I follow her action, and my back lets out a few pops.

"I know." I sigh as I look at the now empty room. She walks up to me and wraps her arms around my torso. Kissing my chest through my shirt.

"I'll miss this place." I say and Y/n hums.

"Yeah. And I'll miss the bathtub sex." She sighs in a teasing manner and I pinch her hip and she squirms.

"We can always have bathtub sex in the new place." I whisper and Y/n smirks.

"I'll hold that offer." She says.

The new apartment is nicer than this one. It has an open concept. The kitchen is attached to the living room and it has a bar instead of a dining table. There are two bedrooms and one bath.

We take one last look at the apartment before Koushi, Daichi and Tanaka come into help take our boxes. This apartment was special. It saw so many tears, arguments, laughter and joy and so much passion and love. But Y/n and I will carry those things with us into our new place.

Her and I.  Sugawara Y/n and Tsukishima Kei. We don't need to be special. We don't need to be the most picture perfect couple who go on yearly get aways to the tropics. We don't need to be rich and live in a big house. We don't need to be extravagant to be happy. We're not dependant on each other, we compliment each other. 

There's beauty in the quiet life so we can just be with each other and be happy all on our own. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Written August 11,  2021

Released August 16, 2021