Chapter 8

Third Person POV

In the Russo mansion, everyone is in their room, everyone asleep waiting until morning. Well almost everyone is asleep peacefully. Juliane is still awake in her room staring out her window admiring the stars something she often did when she was younger hoping for someone to save her and her brothers.

Jul was shaking out of her daze when she heard a scream from across the hall. She along with Jordan rushed out of their rooms and stared at each other until they heard another blood-curdling scream.

They rushed into Jay's room to see him thrashing in his bed, with sweat trickling down his forehead. "STOP. HELP. Don't hurt her please." 

Jordan and Juliane rushed to Jay's side. While Jordan held down his arms to prevent him from himself o them. Jul went to his face and wiped away his hair from his forehead. She grabbed his head and whispered sweet nothings in his ear. 

While Jordy and Jul were trying to wake up Jay, the older brothers that had also heard Jay's screams were outside the door. A look of horror and anger was plastered on all the brother's faces after having to hear their little brother scream for help.

Jay shot up from his bed almost ramming into Jul, he rapidly looked around his room only to see his triplets and brothers. The only thing that could be heard was his heavy breathing and his heart hammering against his chest. 

"What the fuck was that?", Enzo snarled at the three youngest siblings. 

"Just a nightmare. Go back to bed." Jul responded coldly to him. Enzo had a moment of shock on his face quickly wiping it away glaring at Jul. 

The boys went to reply but with one glare from Jul, they knew they shouldn't, and quickly left the room. 

Enzo's POV

The nerve that girl has I mean she just glares and responds coldly. She acts as if we are nobody almost like Matteo with how void of emotion she is. 

I may not know what happened to those three but I do know that Jay's nightmare was a memory.  Nothingness is clear nor that traumatic. 

I should know I use to get them after dad died. 

I looked at my brothers Dante was on verge of tears, he always wanted younger siblings but when the bitch Erica left us the hope was ruined. 

Marco just looks distant but that's nothing new, once he notices me staring he turns and walks back to his room. 

To no surprise, Luca is down at the ground deep in thought, and back at the door almost as if he is fighting with himself. Luca was always the one that calms down the family when anything happens. 

I look at my oldest brother Matteo, while as he never shows emotion I can still remember when dad first died he would come and calm me down after I had a nightmare. I know he knows what really is going on. 

"Everyone gets to bed see you in the morning." Matteo's cold voice announced while he walked away to his room. I don't think he remembers how to separate his business side and his family side. 

Matteo's POV

I remember when Enzo use to get nightmares after dad, I can't help but wonder what happened with the triplets to cause that reaction. 

Neither the less I know that they won't talk to us until they trust us and something tells me that won't be an easy task. 

I send my brothers back to bed knowing that we won't get good sleep but triplets would much rather be alone right now. 

Jorden's POV

Jul sent our brothers out, that word feels so foreign but weirdly right. 

What am I saying they are strangers just trying to take in orphan kids to feel good about themselves. 

Jul was able to calm down Jay enough for him to breathe normally, his eyes still red and sweat beading on his forehead. 

I look over at them Jul holding Jay's head in her lap running her fingers through his hair. We have all been over this enough to know that talking won't help so we don't even try and talk to him. 

I move in next to them, ever since we were little and abuse started, after every nightmare, we always sleep together to give reassurance to each other. 

We started doing this with Jul and then she copied us and soon it became our thing. 

I look over and notice that Jay has fallen asleep along with Jul. I stayed awake as long as could watching the door Erica always came in at this time home drunk. 

A part of me is waiting for her to come, despite knowing that she is dead. I guess you call it muscle memory or whatever. Soon enough the darkness calls me and I can't help but fall into pits.