001 | THE INVITATION

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, actually—this is my party, so let's just say that this is my way of taking care of my guests." He leered, spinning the beer cup in his hand so that the alcohol inside could swirl. "So let me ask you again, pretty, why are you not with anybody else?"

Fuck, why does he have to be the owner of this goddamn mansion?

"Just—my friend's busy watching beer pong in the living room, and I didn't like it in there." You answered. "Happy?"

"Not in the slightest." The boy said sweetly, despite his smile only stretching wider. Before he could continue to speak, his tongue didn't waste time to glide over his plump lower lip. "I don't like to see gorgeous girls like you not having fun. To be honest, it makes my heart break a little inside."

"I bet that's what you always say to make people fall for you, Sim Jaeyun." The words slipped out of your mouth before you could stop them. The moment the words escaped from between your lips, your eyes widened with fright and you clamped a palm over your lips. Stupid, stupid, stupid. What exactly came over you to make you say that? To make it known that you actually knew who he was?

"Oh, you know my name? Well that's great, isn't it? That makes things a whole lot easier." He proclaimed, confidence oozing off of him. "For a second, I thought you didn't have a clue who I was." A chuckle resonated in his throat, deep and whole as he proceeded to run a hand through his hair.

"Of course I do—but, it's not like that matters. Could you leave me alone now, please?" You asked lowly, ignoring the heat beginning to prod at your skin. Why was it suddenly getting so hot in here?

Jaeyun is a charmer, that's for sure. From the first week of being on campus in your first year at college, you were introduced to a whole new world of heavily flirtatious men, and Sim Jaeyun was one of them; With his mega hot intelligence (exact description made by Ayaka) and killer looks, it was difficult for someone to not know of his existence. He's an Astrophysics Major in his 3rd year, so although the two of you never ran into each other since you had lectures on completely different sides of campus, you heard of his numerous achievements of top grades in his exams every year.

Fun fact: Sim Jaeyun only speaks first to girls he has a significant interest in.

"That's not a kind thing to ask of the host, is it?" Jaeyun teased, gliding one palm over the marble surface of the kitchen island. "Besides, it doesn't seem as if you're enjoying yourself that much." This man was too smart for his own good, his penetrating eyes almost seeing right through you. His smile softened for a moment, taking the chance to stand right by your side. "I'll make sure you have a good time here, that's for sure—you seem a bit uncomfortable right now."

Uncomfortable with your sudden attention, maniac.

"If that's an invitation to—you know, have sex—no thanks." You said awkwardly.

And the boy laughed again, this time much louder than the last, as he threw his head back to release a booming cackle.

"No, silly! That's a bit much—I might have a reputation like that, but I get to know a girl first before I invite her to get intimate with me. Well, I mean—if you're down for it, I am too, but it seems like you're too frightened to even hold my hand." He winked, smoothly wrapping an arm round your shoulder as if the two of you had been friends for years. Your cheeks became flamed, and you hid your face in your hands, earning another chuckle from him. "My mates and I are hanging out in a different room with a couple of other girls. It's much quieter there than in the living room, since there's only—what?—nine other people. Come along, I think you'll enjoy being there more."

An invitation to hang out with Sim Jaeyun? And his best friends?

"Hmm, not sure. This kitchen is quite calming to be in." You replied sarcastically. For the first time this night, a tiny smile rose to your lips, making the boy become extremely delighted.

"So you can joke." Jaeyun sighed with relief, over-dramatically placing a hand over his heart. "For a second there I thought you were a robot."

The comment elicited an amused scoff from your lips, only fuelling the boy's self-esteem even more.

"You gonna come with me then, pretty?"

He waited a beat, a silence descending between the two of you. In that moment of quiet, you took the chance to weigh out the impact of your different options.

1) You go with Jaeyun to hang out with his best friends. There's the possibility of you ending the night wasted and making a huge mistake, but there's also a chance of you living a night you'll never forget — in a good way! But are you truly ready to meet his friends? Even just talking to Sim Jaeyun for no more than ten minutes was tiring you out.

2) You stay here in the living room, alone, for another hour, before you finally take yourself home out of pity. Ayaka would probably be too busy snogging her boyfriend to even realise you'd left the party, anyway. You'll have wasted your time doing nothing on a Friday night, and go to sleep all miserable.

Well, isn't it obvious?

You're taking the first option.

"You know what? I think I will."

And that's how you ended up being taken to a bedroom on the second floor of Jaeyun's house.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

WORD COUNT : 2189

OMG FIRST CHAPTER IS DONE! after some re-editing, i'm actually proud of the way the first chapter went compared to the first draft! i don't think i'll be editing this one now, so look forward to the next chapter coming out soon, where you'll get to meet all of the boys!

hint : there's gonna be a lil game ;)

thank you, love you all, and have a great day!