001 | THE INVITATION

Start from the beginning

Before you could comment on it, to insult the game because you considered it all to be really pointless, Ayaka and her boyfriend brought themselves to the front of the crowd, instantly leaving you behind.

"Talk about promising to stay by my side for the night." You muttered under your breath, crossing your arms and surveying the room. When you looked over the many people that crowded the tight space, you definitely decided that this was not the place to be.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Parties were not your cup of tea. The idea of being pressed up to sweaty bodies, alcohol splashing on you every other second, and having to deal with couples making out in every corner was extremely unappealing. Although you knew that Ayaka thoroughly enjoyed partying until the next morning, you could easily say that you disliked it all. Your lips were stretched into a straight line as you weaved through the many people in the living room, trying to find an escape, to go to somewhere slightly quieter.

That's how you ended up in the house's kitchen, where there was luckily not many people there. Occasionally, some 3rd years would drift in to rummage through the mini fridge, but nobody was really permanently staying there. Relieved, you settled yourself in the quiet space, leaning against the kitchen island as you examined the room. For a student's house, the place was unbelievably huge — how did one person even afford to live in such a big place like this?

The ovens were polished to perfection that they were almost glimmering, the buttons and switches appearing as if they had never even been touched before. Neatly stacked plates and cups were tucked away into the shelves that connected with the ceiling, and you could not even spot a single dangerous item out in the open.

Who was even the owner of this place?

You continued to wait and wait, waiting for anybody to approach you, to start a conversation. You were hoping that Ayaka would come in after a while to save you from your misery, but at the same time, that also made you feel pathetic — constantly turning to Ayaka for help was something that you knew she found a burden. And it's obvious. She's not even here now, having the time of her life in the other room, whilst you're cooped up in an unknown space, wasting your time away.

She was too busy with her boyfriend to even realise you had gone.

Maybe you should just go home. It's a better way to spend your time there anyways.

As you inwardly cursed at Ayaka's boyfriend for bringing up the idea of going to this party, you had not noticed the guy approach you from the other side of the kitchen island.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in the kitchen alone?"

Immediately, your gaze was driven away from your nails and up towards the unfamiliar voice. You were met with the intense stare of the boy in-front of you, the stark raven waves that was his hair falling past his dark eyes. He was wearing a tight black shirt that stretched against his muscles, paired with matching black ripped jeans that hugged at his thighs. One of his eyebrows had a line shaved right through it, almost as sharp as the snake pendant necklace that hooked itself round his neck.

Although he didn't know you, you most definitely knew who he was. It would be impossible not to.

"Nothing that would be of your interest." You replied quietly, clasping your hands together. The corners of the boy's lips instantly turned upwards, morphing into a lopsided smile that brought himself closer to you. Even from a few feet away, you could practically taste the cologne that dripped off of him.