8: Why So Serious? (Revised)

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

"Wakey wakey, little bitch." I heard as I slipped back to consciousness, I cracked an eye open to see a man in a clown mask standing before me. A henchmen of The Joker's. He slapped me hard across the face. I sucked in my cheeks, letting the pain take its course without making a sound, turning back to look at him. I felt blood start to pool in my cheek.

I reached up to smack him back to realize my hands were bound, and so were my feet. Stuck in a splintery, rotting chair. I tried flinging him back with my powers, he laughed at me as nothing happened.

"Oh, you think The Joker is a dumbass? He got this place you-proof." he snickered as if his joke was funny.

I suppressed my groan. I was trapped. In a room. On a chair. With a guy with horrible jokes.

Great.

Getting out of the chair wouldn't be so hard, I had to wiggle a bit and break out of it. The only problem was this bozo.

"Hey, Bozo! How is she doin' in there?" Harley shouted into the room.

Heheh, that was his actual name? Classic.

He grunted, looking at the metal door where her voice came from. "She's doing fine, she's awake. Why?"

"'Cause Mistah J doesn't want you hurting her! Bring her in."

Aw, how thoughtful.

Bozo stared down at me, eyes squinting with distrust. "I'm gonna let you out of there, but if you try to be funny I'm just gonna have to bash your head into the ground and tell The Joker that you refused, so I hit you." his eyes had determination and dominance in them, I pretended to be scared to give him an extra edge in his ego. The bigger the ego, the harder they fall.

He untied my wrists, I obediently stayed. As soon as both of my legs were free, I kangaroo kicked him, sending him flying into the wall. The shocked expression on his face was truly priceless, I knew he wasn't expecting that. I looked so tiny, being a head shorter than the Joker and slimmer. I looked like nothing, and they all expected that out of me. They didn't know I could fight without my powers, but honestly, I didn't blame them. My track record so far was truly pathetic.

I got up from the seat, smirking. "Thanks, doll." I kicked him in the chest, taking the knife from his pocket and slashing his throat, watching as blood gushed out. I never normally did this, but I was angry, and tired of people second guessing me. "That's what you get." I looked up at the window, it was locked and gated, and my powers weren't fully working. I had to get out of this the old-fashioned way.

I realized that The Joker had only proofed the room so I couldn't use my powers to fight, but I could still perform mind manipulation. I put on the henchman's mask, turning my hair blonde, parting it in the middle and allowing it to flow over my shoulders. I walked by the men in the outer rooms, they were so dumb.

"Hey Harley." one of them whistled, I smirked from underneath the mask. I waved at them angrily, pretending I didn't want them in the room. I knew it wouldn't work as well, since Harley never seemed to keep her fat mouth shut. To my surprise, they wordlessly obeyed and left the room. When I got to the entrance to the giant warehouse I was trapped in, I attempted to opened it, finding it locked. I cussed under my breath. Lockdown. Great. 

"Oh, Memoria!" a voice rang, I recognized it easy. It belonged to The Joker. I heard his footsteps leading to the room I was currently in, and like a cat trapped, I began pawing at the front door, trying to budge or kick it open. I gave up and jumped up onto a stack of boxes of ammunition and climbed up, jumping onto a thick metal pole, climbing on another object and finally gripping onto one of the roof's supports above his head.

"Oh sweetie, I'm not in the mood for games." he laughed, I could just see the menacing look in his eye. He strode to the entrance, then snickered, seeing I had dropped the mask. "My my, we got a clever one here."

My hair turned black when his back was turned so he couldn't see me.

"I feel appalled knowing that you take me as a fool." he sighed as if he was actually hurt, mocking me. He pressed a button, the support I was on filling with hot gas, burning my hands and lower legs. I let my grip go, landing on the floor in front of his feet. He smirked, bending down to me, seeing my expression.

"Why so serious?"