4: Meeting The Agent of Chaos [Revised]

"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life."-Charles Darwin
----
I sat at my desk, tapping a pen on my papers. Truth be told, I was bored. The heist last week was already old news. I had to do something again, something to get my name out there. I had read a couple of reports Sabrina her way in retrieving, and saw that the biggest criminal in Gotham city was definitely The Joker.

The Joker, a man with a permanent Chelsea smile who wore thick makeup, had green raggedy hair, and wore a fancy purple suit. He was a pretty interesting character, seeing all his records. He was in Arkham around the time I was, escaped before I could ever meet him, which I remembered, of course. He was a pretty sinister fellow, and had done more terrible things than I could even think of. He wasn't afraid to get his hands bloody.

I stood up, knowing I shouldn't particularly provoke him, but I was already probably getting on his nerves. If he knew who I was.

I could take him.

I got into my costume and walked downstairs to the main room. "Frank, Markus. Come with me through town." I ordered as they nodded obediently, putting on their masks.

Markus was a more quiet henchman I hadn't tested out yet, but he was one of the silent kids that made a malicious plan that no one expected. He seemed like good backup in case anything happened to my other henchmen, but not entirely just a last resort. He was quite muscular, his strength impressively surpassing that of Frank. He always kept to himself, being the most compliant house henchmen I had. 

"What are we doing, boss?" Frank asked, cracking his knuckles as I led them through the mansion doors.

"Oh, just taking a stroll through town. If you see anything you want, take it." Frank and Markus walked behind me, but Markus walked a little more behind Frank. Normally, I would have encouraged him to walk next to Frank, but it made no real difference to me right now. I'd get my message across. 

The moment we set foot in town, everyone around me parted like the red sea, my henchmen psyching people out by jumping around, cackling in their faces, overjoyed by the fearful responses of the crowd. Some of them flinched, some of them audibly screamed and fell backwards into the people behind them, passing out. People were such babies, some mad man jumps in front of them and their bodies simply couldn't handle it. Hm, shame. 

Our fun was interrupted by a loud crash, and I turned to see Batman soaring through the sky in my direction, I moved out of his way smoothly and giggled when he slammed into the jewelry shop window next to me, completely shattering their front window. I picked up a long, diamond necklace.

"Why, you shouldn't have!" I crooned, placing it against my neck and gasping happily before throwing it to Markus to hold. He shoved it into his back pocket without his eyes leaving Batman, even for a moment.

Batman stood up, his wordless smolder directed towards me as if he expected me to reply to his wordless behavior. Fine, I'd play along. "What?" I questioned, tempted to roll my eyes to the moon right now.

"Get out of here and stop harassing everyone." he spoke in his low growl, his feet changing positions as if he was readying up for a fight. His voice was so garbled together, I decided to make fun of it.

I blinked. "Excuse me, Chewbacca? I only speak English, not Wookie."

His look intensified, the hair on the back of my neck stood up, but I didn't let him see it. I didn't take a step back, didn't flinch, just stared back at him plainly.

"I said, get out of here and stop harassing everyone." he growled now, taking a step forward. I didn't move.

"Oh, my my! Me? Harassing people? Oh! Did you see me doing anything before you crash landed? Which, by the way, I give a seven on." I pointed at the shards of glass barely hanging in there at the top of the frame, snickering at the shop owner's face, which I just realized as they had walked to the front of the store at the huge crashing sound. Their jaws were dropped, staring at Batman and I as if unsure of how to proceed.