"Hello, Alicia, is this a bad time to walk in?"

It was Matthew's voice that she heard. Alicia opened her eyes and sat up straight, 'Well, that was very awkward,' she thought before lifting her eyebrows and smiling at him.

"Is there something wrong? If so, we can cancel the date and just hang out at your place."

Matthew's face was filled with worry, but Alicia softened her expression and gave Matthew a faint grin, thinking how much she doesn't deserve Matthew for everything that he does for her.

"No, it's nothing; it's just work, and I just got back, and everything feels brand new and really tiring."

She stated it with a slight laugh at the end, attempting to make Matthew feel better because she didn't want him to be sorry for her.

"And you don't have to cancel the date; I'm fine; don't worry about me; I'm no longer a child; I'm capable of dealing with this."

she said standing up and going up to Matthew and holding his hand.

"Let's go to that date, but first I need to clear up all these files,"

Matthew gave her a smile before murmuring an 'ok,' kissing her on the forehead and leaving her office to wait for her.

She sighed while cleaning up her files, knowing she couldn't tell him about her family problems because he holds them in such high regard.

She took her bag and walked out, meeting Matthew and linking arms with him before saying her goodbyes to Hanna, bowing to her and Hanna bowed to her as well.

-

Saturday, 4:20 PM

The celebration is 40 minutes away, and Alicia is preparing in her office, putting on makeup to match her dress.

When she was putting on her dress, she heard a knock and turned to the side to face the door, where she spotted Hanna peeking out.

"hey~ just checking up to see if you're still alive"

They remarked, making Alicia giggle and turn away from Hanna, pointing to the dress's zipper,

"Can you help me, my hands are too short for this, and they're getting numb, please, I'm starting to sweat"

Hanna and Alicia both burst out laughing as Hanna approached Alicia to assist her.

"So where's your girlfriend?~"

Hanna whacked Alicia's shoulder making Alicia whimper as she rubbed her shoulder.

"Don't worry you'll meet her once you come down there, and give a short speech and have a little chat with like every client and business partner there is, y'know the normal stuff for you rich people"

Alicia groaned as she imagined how difficult it would be merely to meet Hanna's girlfriend, and Hanna just laughed as they saw that expression on Alicia's face.

"Is Matthew already there?"

Alicia asked as she turned around after Hanna had helped her, Hanna teasingly grinned and softly elbowed her, to which Alicia just answered with a sigh.

"Yea, lover boy is now keeping all those folks occupied; y'know, you really knocked it out of the park when you got him, he really likes you"