"Don't worry, I'll take care of everything and you may look forward to seeing my lovely girlfriend."

Alicia's phone rang, and she took it from her bag and looked at the screen, which revealed the name of her suitor, Matthew.

Alicia nodded at Hanna, expressing that it's okay to leave her now. Hanna smiled before bowing to Alicia and then departing.

"Hello, Matthew"

Alicia said as she answered her phone and went through the files one by one.

"Welcome Back! Ms. Francesco! How are you?"

Matthew Lazaro, 28 years old, is the heir to Lazaro Motors (LazMo), one of the most well-known and successful car companies in the world.

Matthew's concern for Alicia made her smile.

"I'm okay, the flight was a bit longer than expected but other than that everything's fine, how about you, how are you, Mr. Lazaro"

On the other side, Alicia could hear Matthew laughing, which made her smile even bigger.

"I'm alright, but you know how much I miss you, so how about a date this evening?"

"Hmm, sure"

Alicia said, turning the page of the document to the side.

"All right, I'll pick you up later, wait for me!"

Alicia responded with a hum before the two of them hung up, and Alicia is now free to start her day without any distractions.

-

Alicia's day was going swimmingly until she received an unwanted call, this time from her mother. She stared at the screen for a long time, unsure whether or not to accept the call.

She picked up the phone a few seconds before the call could have ended, softly sighing after saying something.

"Hello?"

she said, apparently indifferent, in a monotonous voice

"Oh, there you are, I was beginning to believe you weren't performing your job properly again, like last time"

She squinted her eyes tight and furrowed her brows, regretting picking up the phone.

"Anyway, since you were gone for so long, you should return home tonight for dinner, your father and I want to hear what you learned while you were gone, if you learned anything at all, you know how we don't like to put pressure on you"

Before responding to her mother, Alicia rolled her eyes and said,

"I can't, I have a date with Matthew tonight maybe-"

"No, no, that's ok, it's not like we're your top priority anyway, poor Gian, he's dying to meet his elder sister, but you just had to disappoint him and leave him for Matthew."

She stated this before hanging up, leaving Alicia stunned with her guilt-tripping abilities, but she also can't help but feel bad for her younger brother.

She ruffled her hair, agitated, as she leaned back in her chair, attempting to block out what her mother said.

After a few minutes, she heard a knock and simply stayed in her spot while answering, unconcerned about what the person stepping in would think of her

"Come in"

She just heard the door open and close, followed by a few footsteps that halted midway, possibly because they noticed how Alicia appeared, and then resumed walking towards her.