At law school, the next day, Jeongguk very seriously considered if becoming a lawyer was the best of ideas.

"I'll tell you what I saw," A brown haired boy with disdaining overconfidence spoke to Jimin and Jeongguk, cigarette in his mouth. Named Charles, or Robert, Or William- or another name Jeongguk wouldn't remember. "A man, dressed as a woman."

Jimin tsked. "Homosexuality, innit? I spoke to my friend about this, he's learning medicine. They call it a sociopathic personality disturbance." Jimin said. "Mental disease, basically. They say it can be cured, however."

Jeongguk felt his heart drop, looking away. "Cured? I reckon you just beat these so called mentals to get their brain sorted," The brown haired boy laughed.

"Bit over the line there, Charles," Jimin said, and Jeongguk bit the inside of his cheek. Charles. That's what his name was.

Mental disease, Jeongguk thought. Maybe he and Taehyung are a bit manic.

"Men are getting more subordinate as the days go by," Charles gruffed, smoking the end bits of the cigarette, his face pale and full of freckles. "I mean, you have to be quite the sissy to make your wife work, don't ya?" Charles said, and Jeongguk stilled.

He was talking about Jeongguk, obviously. Jimin pursed his lips. "Wives want to work these days, Charles."

"The day mine works, I'd know I've failed as a man. Eh, Jeongguk?" Charles smirked, mocking him. Jeongguk looked at him.

"Rosie wants to be a nurse," Jeongguk said firmly, but faltered on the inside. She didn't. He knew she didn't.

"Only to earn money because her husbands a wanker," Charles snickered.

"She won't have to work when I become a lawyer." Jeongguk stated. Jimin looked at him, as if questioning the boy himself. "Un-unless she wants to. I won't tell her how to live-"

"Won't you? Women must be so unsatisfied with the likes of you, Jeongguk. Poor Rosie. What's the point of getting married if she's got to work anyway?" Charles said.

"Men can't carry all the weight of the household on themselves, Charles. My mum worked all her life, and she's the most elegant woman I know." Jimin muttered.

"We fought in wars, we killed those nazis, we protected our land. And you think we can't carry the weight of our households? My future wife's going to be pregnant and take care of all the cookin' and cleanin', isn't she? Why, I don't want to burden her further with work." Charles scoffed.

"First of all, you didn't fight one bit, Charles. You were 10 when the war happened. Killed the nazis, as if." Jimin said, and Charlie snickered.

Jeongguk leaned against the wall, a fear building in his heart. He looked ahead into the granite ground before him. He was an incompetent husband. Not only loyally, but in a general, societal sense. Unlike someone like Veronica, Rosie didn't want to work. Jeongguk's weakness was forcing her to do so. She had all the right to be upset with him if she wanted to be.

"Mind your own business, Charles. You're just upset Emily didn't want to marry you." Jeongguk sniped, and Charles frowned, turning a bit red. Jimin spluttered out a laugh. Jeongguk turned around, holding his book bag, and walked away from behind the building, where they came to smoke.

Jeongguk turned the building, and froze when he saw Taehyung there. It's like he was everywhere, a metaphysical entity of kinds that seemingly sensed whenever Jeongguk was upset and showed up. He was leaning against the wall, smoking. He was dressed in a grey suit.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk said breathily. Taehyung turned his head, and continued upholding the slack, careless expression on his face upon spotting the boy.