"Seventeen." "How long have you been seventeen?" "A while," he spoke lowly next to your ear. Her breath hitched, "I know what you are."

"Say it." "A vampire."

He didn't say anything, the silence eating her alive. She could feel him behind her, his presence intimidating but she didn't back down. He took a breath, "Tell me, what is our main source of food?"

"You won't hurt me," she said, but the sudden jump she made at his words said that she believed otherwise. Her breath hitched as he was mere inches away. She couldn't help but flinch away from his touch when he reached for the loose strand of hair again. "Are you scared?"

She wasn't going to lie. She was terrified. Never did she actually imagine she'd be faced with the truth, and the truth didn't even seem real, like he was messing with her taunting her for believing in such things. She nodded her head, the coldness of his fingertips and her fear mixed together causing goosebumps to rise on her skin. "You should be," he took a step back.

He wished she wasn't. He wished there was nothing about him that needed to fear. Like he was as human as she was, as beautiful as she was, taking his breaths the way she did, but he was cursed with being a monster. "I'm a monster. I'm dangerous and I—"

"You're not," she took a step closer to him, "a monster."

"You don't get it," he scoffed, moving fast toward another clear area between the trees. She snapped her head toward him in surprise by seeing him move that quickly, "I am."

"What do we eat? What is the one thing that we can not be denied?" He moved again, her neck craning once more to find him. He sat above on a tree branch, "And you should be afraid of me. You're not safe to be here with me."

She stood on a thick root, trying her best to get closer to him, "Yes I am. I'm not scared anymore, it was my first reaction."

He chuckled, jumping down, "Want to know why, it was so difficult to be around you at first?" She didn't say anything but that didn't stop him from continuing, "Because... you, I have never craved for anyone the way I do you. It's like, you're all I can think about, all I can taste."

"You won't hurt me," she insisted, struggling to follow after him as he walked off. She was careful with her steps. Eyes widening at the sight of a meadow, a clear opening with nothing but small daffodils and flowers scattered across the field. She looked away from him for a moment, jumping at the sound of cracking. She looked back, wincing at the branch he ripped from a tree, throwing far across the area. "How do you know that?" His laugh was pained, she could hear it in the way he spoke to her, "How do you know I won't hurt you?"

"Because you haven't," she stepped further into the clearing, scared that he'd rip something else off and throw it in her direction, or worse come for her himself in his strange blinded fit of rage?

It was unusual, the way thing changed so quickly. He'd gone from loud and abrupt, to quiet and peaceful laying next to her in the meadow, the promise of showing her something else. She took the opportunity to really look at him, appreciate his beauty and differences.

He did the same. Her eyes were dark as night, a small flicker of light crossing them making them look glossy and innocent. The doe eyes looking at him like he was the one she wanted to be with. Like she had nothing to fear, but her heart beat was still uneven. Slowing down only now that she lied next to him. Her hair was underneath her, small blades of grass laced throughout the many dark straight strands. And he noticed the birthmark, just behind her ear. A small patch of tanner skin than the rest of her. It reminded him of a crescent moon, small piece that he wondered how often she forgot it was ever there? He made a note to himself of this whereabouts, though he doubted he'd ever forget about it. It was another thing to reassure him that she was human. That she was imperfectly perfect.

For her it wasn't any different. She noted the small downward arch of his brows, the small creases slowly softening as if he had nothing to worry about. The way his chest didn't move the way hers did. He didn't blink. Not alone with her anyway. She tried staying with him on that, not wanting to miss the sight of him in front of her, but she couldn't keep up with his uninterrupted gaze. He was beautiful. Unreal.

"This isn't real," she whispered, closing her eyes for a second, thinking she'd wake up at any moment to an alarm blaring. Her mother yelling from downstairs. She wasn't sensitive. She'd never been the overly emotional type. Never the kind to feel such sadness in front of others. Such regret. She was a master at bottling things in. Keeping them to herself and pushing them far down until it was too late and she'd either blow up in emotions or freeze. "I'm going to wake up, and you're not going to be here anymore."

He didn't say anything, in fear that he himself would be snapped out of his thoughts. Scared that he'd be faced with Emmett, looking to Lux's lunch table and her spot being gone. Searching the parking lot for her and seeing she was nowhere near. Asking Bella about her... only to be treated like he was insane. Like she was only a figment of his imagination. Somebody he'd created in his head to keep him sane. That she wasn't a real person that he'd follow to the ends of the earth if he had to. She opened her eyes, breath hitting at the sight of him again. This time he was coated, in shimmer, looking like cracked opal wherever the sun hit. His neck, his face, his hands. All of it.

"What if I fear the same?" He asked, visibly gulping down the thought, "You'd be gone. The only reason I've felt any sense of calmness in a long time."

"You're exaggerating," she sighed, eyes locking above on the trees, "You can find millions like me. I don't think I'll ever find anyone like you. You're beautiful... I'm...ordinary."

"You're more beautiful than anything you could ever imagine," he drew her attention back to him, "You're everything I wish to be."

Her brows forward, looking at him innocently, curiously and he basked in her presence. "I envy you," he looked down to the hand that rest on her torso, "Because of the blood running through your veins. The breaths you take, as if it were your last. The way you can see something like me... as anything but a monster. Your ability to understand things that have no explanation. How you show kindness to monsters. And I imagine you view the world in a beautiful way. Enjoying everything new and different, knowing you'll never see anything like it again. How lovely you are, soft and gentle. Warm. Beautiful."

His hand hovered in the air lazily as his elbow rested against the ground. She lifted hers, slowly letting it brush against his. His hand went soft, letting her touch his cold skin. "So do not ever tell me you are ordinary, because I wish to see things through your eyes for once. To see myself through your eyes. To not be stuck in this cruel world all alone."

He tended at her warmth, finally letting his eyes fall shut, never feeling as serene as he did in this moment with her. Never imagining anything but this exact moment, harboring it in the back of his mind. It was like a switch flipped inside her. The sudden curiosity that had bubbled inside her finally boiling to a sudden craving for him. Like she couldn't picture anything else but him and it scared her. Because she wasn't the type to get attached to anything. To anyone.

"You're not alone," she whispered. He looked up at her, corners of his lips turning. "I don't want you to leave me."

"I don't think I'd ever be able to do that," he answered."