Chapter 2 : Questions, Questions

"Why am I here?"

The brunette now known as Vesper inquired, as he looked down in confusion; unease evident in his posture. His eyes were staring intently at the ground beneath him. His voice is strained; unsure.

There was a silence, with the only thing audible; the gentle breeze humming. It was a sweet tune, one you'd fall asleep to. The sky was a soft murky blue, with cream clouds sublimely painted on the stone blue canvas.

Oddly enough, a crimson orb sat proudly on the sky. It seems so misplaced in a backdrop like this. Whereas the small white flowers and soft stone blue sky gave out a serene atmosphere, the contrasting red gave out an aura of an impending doom.

"I should be the one asking you that..." the other, Finnis, grumbled. He raised a curious eyebrow to the other, blue eyes locked on Vesper while the shorter kept his gaze fixed to his own feet.

"Where am I?" He whispered, audible yet faint. His perplexed orbs of obsidian now fixed on the pools of azure the other wielded. "You're not from this realm are you?" The other confronted, now intrigued. The pieces were all coming together, the truth slowly unraveling itself.

The other didn't answer, he only gave him an uncertain look. "Do you remember anything before being here, Alf?" The was a quick delay before Finnis mentioned his name.

As Vesper heard that name, a memory slowly unveiled itself. It was distant yet familiar, hazy yet so freshly engraved in his mind.

-

She screamed, followed by another scream. It was high-pitched, ear-piercing, evil intent weaved in their crow-like screeches.

"Get out! Get out you good for nothing child! Out!"

-

"Alf." Fin barked; his voice stern, concerned. He had a tight grip of one of Vesper's left arm. Vesper snapped out of his trance and gripped the right side of his head with a hand. He whined in pain for awhile.

Another pause ensues. Both of them unmoving.

"I think..."

He kept his gaze down. "I think I was banished from my home by a woman..." he stammered, voice shaky. Fin looked at him in an odd way; his face twisted in disgust and pity as he heard the other's escapade. "Was it your mother?" Fin inquired, intrigued. "No... I don't think so, mother was never that way.."

"Anything else?" With that, Vesper's eyes shifted upwards, at Fin, and locked eyes as he loosened the right grip he had on his head. He raised his head to face Fin and slowly shook his head, still partly lost in his thoughts.

"No..." it came out as a whisper.
"I don't think so at least..." his voice dripping with confusion.

Fin, now back to his somber and cold expression, gestured Vesper to follow him. The brunette didn't question him further for now. All of this was a lot to take in and asking the other would only lead to more unanswered questions.

They both walked through the field. It stretch long and wide, flowers embellishing the field with white. "You know your story doesn't explain how you got here..." Fin claimed. Vesper grumbled in response, his head a muddled heap of mess. "Are you sure you don't remember anything else?" And as Fin asked, it was Vesper's turn to let out a sigh; a long, disappointed sigh.

"I'm afraid not..." They kept walking. For a while, they didn't talk. The wind once again, escorted them with a sweet melody. Vesper admired the landscape surrounding him. The was a word on the tip of his tongue he'd use to describe this scene; ethereal.

Fin broke the silence, still wanting more details from the brunette. "You're frighteningly very calm for being in this situation." He commented on the brunette's behavior. It was worrying to say the least...

(unfinished writing)